NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm not seeing Portis back, is there even an avenue for that to happen?

Yes. Full taxpayer MLE of just under $6 Million. Stein came out and said it was going to be hard to pry Bobby away from Milwaukee due to the connection he made here. We'll see, obviously, but it's entirely possible he takes the TPMLE of $5.8m to stay another season. If not, we'll use that avenue for another forward.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yes. Full taxpayer MLE of just under $6 Million. Stein came out and said it was going to be hard to pry Bobby away from Milwaukee due to the connection he made here. We'll see, obviously, but it's entirely possible he takes the TPMLE of $5.8m to stay another season. If not, we'll use that avenue for another forward.

That was my original thoughts after the season, but was getting the vibe that he was going to get much better offers on the open market. It would be great if that is the way it goes down. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, R T said:

That was my original thoughts after the season, but was getting the vibe that he was going to get much better offers on the open market. It would be great if that is the way it goes down. Fingers crossed. 

Well, he made a pretty big deal about how he's been treated here so we'll see if that holds any water or not. If not, we'll find someone else. Jeff Green has been mentioned as an option.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, he made a pretty big deal about how he's been treated here so we'll see if that holds any water or not. If not, we'll find someone else. Jeff Green has been mentioned as an option.

Do you like Kelly Olynyk as a Plan B in that MLE spot? Or is he going to command a lot more money?

Just now, agarcia34 said:

If the Nets are able to add Otto Porter to that bench rotation that is scary. 

If he stays healthy it is. He's played 53, 14, and 28 games the last 3 seasons.

That Nets medical staff got their work cut out for them already with the big 3.

• Like 1