NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

Zach Collins has fallen so far after being a lottery pick just a few years ago. 

Some solid vets that could sign for the minimum though. Guys on my Jazz wishlist include Justise Winslow, Mo Harkless, Jabari Parker, James Ennis, Torrey Craig, Gorgui Dieng, Dewayne Dedmon, Ish Smith, Dennis Smith Jr, and Jeff Teague. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

FIscher has all the rumors lol

That'd actually be a solid move for both parties, imo. Most of the veteran PG's likely already know where they're signing. The Bulls could offer Lonzo a nice offer-sheet but I think New Orleans likely matches it. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I disagree. Russ has had his playoff struggles and that will likely be the big swing factor for the Lakers in the post-season. But his ability to carry a massive load in the regular season will take so much pressure off of LeBron. 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think one thing is that somebody on that team is going to suffer. Somebody isn’t gonna be getting touches. Ideally you would want Bron and AD with the ball the most. Im not sure a reserved Russ who is going for full go and volume isn’t necessarily a good thing. We saw in Houston how terrible that was especially with Capela and we saw in OKC with PG and Melo.

I swear the only part of me that thinks this can somehow be a championship good is because of Lebron lol. Conventional wisdom should say this is gonna be a disaster. But an aging Lebron is basically what im Hanging my hat on. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think one thing is that somebody on that team is going to suffer. Somebody isn’t gonna be getting touches. Ideally you would want Bron and AD with the ball the most. Im not sure a reserved Russ who is going for full go and volume isn’t necessarily a good thing. We saw in Houston how terrible that was especially with Capela and we saw in OKC with PG and Melo.

I swear the only part of me that thinks this can somehow be a championship good is because of Lebron lol. Conventional wisdom should say this is gonna be a disaster. But an aging Lebron is basically what im Hanging my hat on. 

This is my take as well.  Well mix in a little of NY's take too.  I think an aging Lebron still can win a championship, but to do that he needs to be healthy in the playoffs.  Same with AD.  Westbrook can help them get there by allowing them to take games off during the year.  And also just letting Lebron have some breaks on the court while Russ creates and it isn't al on Bron.  Someone on the radio said that the big three together isn't good, but 2 of them together is, especially given the injury history of AD and lately with Lebron.  The biggest thing is they need to find the right cheap pieces that excel at their one thing.  Like I think Bryn Forbes would be a great fit as a sniper off the bench as a poor mans Duncan Robinson. Getting Melo to sign for cheap there to ring chase with his buddy Lebron would help a lot with shooting. Someone like Reggie Bullock who can shoot and defend would help.  I don't think they can win with just the big three and THT so they need to be smart with who they surround them with.