2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I'd have to see a better angle to be sure, but it's encouraging, wobbly passes be damned. 

It's weird because I agree with Seminole that it certainly doesn't look like 50 yards in the air, but I also can't imagine that multiple whiffed by 20 yards on the length of the pass (he caught it at the 20, so if it's a 50 yard touchdown, you're talking 30-35 air yards). 

Honestly though, I don't think it much matters. Everyone knows the physical tools are there and he's got a cannon. I'm just happy he's looking like the real deal...even if those passes are butt fugly. 

Lance needs to start getting reps against the first string defense, and I'm guessing he will.

Colts might need a QB. Wonder if Shanahan and Lynch have even thought about picking up the phone. Or are they too nervous after last year when the QB went down, and the season was lost. 

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Lance needs to start getting reps against the first string defense, and I'm guessing he will.

Colts might need a QB. Wonder if Shanahan and Lynch have even thought about picking up the phone. Or are they too nervous after last year when the QB went down, and the season was lost. 

That would be far too invested by Indy into the QB position given what they paid for Wentz and what his contract situation looks like. Easier for them to just call up rivers if Wentz' issue is going to be a longer thing. In the meantime, they could easily call up the Bears about Foles (as hilarious as that is). 

If Lance takes the job from jump, I assume that we would just hear about the niners redoing Jimmy's deal to pay him like 10 million this year as backup and rip up the last year of the deal so that he's a free agent next season. There's just not a market for him as a QB currently without the right injury happening. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

EDIT: And now scrolling up I realize I'm about 5 hours too late lol

Hah yeah that one is good too. There is just something about that Clowney clip that hits me just right though. Probably because I’m the kind of clumsy fella who still falls up the stairs from time to time.