Tom Brady's worst season

biggie.

Which season was Tom Brady's worst?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. 2013, 2019 or other?

• Other

Ehhh. Neither. 2019 he had his worst offense of all time, just an absolute horrendous offensive roster from top to bottom.

His worst seasons were probably:

1) 2002

2) 2013

3) 2009

And 2009 he wasn't even bad, and it especially doesn't look bad stat wise. He just looked super rusty, did not look like his usual self in a lot of games, and played at a lower level. 

I honestly don't see how anyone can argue anything from the last decade. Prime and veteran Brady at his worst is still a well-oiled machine compared to what he was those first 5 or 6 years he started. I'm sure 2019 Brady is probably the worst statistically, when compared to peers. But no one can convince me that you're better off with a 2002ish version of Tom Brady than the 2019 model.

21 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I honestly don't see how anyone can argue anything from the last decade. Prime and veteran Brady at his worst is still a well-oiled machine compared to what he was those first 5 or 6 years he started. I'm sure 2019 Brady is probably the worst statistically, when compared to peers. But no one can convince me that you're better off with a 2002ish version of Tom Brady than the 2019 model.

Well, with 2002 he wasn't quite "Tom Brady" yet. Teams really started to fear him by 2003.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

2013 had the top 5 receivers from 2012 not start week one. Only one even came back. 

Throwing to Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Kembrell Thompkins, Hooman, Dola & Jules.  Gronk only active for middle part of the season and then gone again with the ACL vs. Cleveland.  

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

It's definitely his early seasons. He wasn't that special for the first few years. He improved greatly later in his career.

If there was a precise turning point, it was week 5 of the 2003 season (i.e. the beginning of the 21-game winning streak). 

• Like 1

he sucked really bad in 2008.

Statbook scouting here, I am looking at 2004.  The Patriots were 14-2, and won the Super Bowl.  But, Brady ties his career high in INTs with 14, and has the highest INT% of his career as well.  I think at that point he was viewed among the better QBs in the league.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

he sucked really bad in 2008.

Statbook scouting here, I am looking at 2004.  The Patriots were 14-2, and won the Super Bowl.  But, Brady ties his career high in INTs with 14, and has the highest INT% of his career as well.  I think at that point he was viewed among the better QBs in the league.

Ah, the hazards of statbook scouting