Rodgers is back.

Pugger

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'm backing the GB front office here.  With Gute there, I can't find much fault with what they've done.  They obviously wouldn't have him back if they didn't think he was 100% all in. Now here's what I really want out of this.  Adams and MVS locked into their next contracts.  Let's secure these two, with Rogers on a rookie deal and Lazard on essentially a 2 year deal.   Gets us a little continuity at the WR position and has a few spots open to develop another WR in the future.

I honestly dont know how we get Adams done.....but I've never pretended to be a cap expert - not my job, so I dont put it on my mental plate.
We need the NFL's economic engine to come roaring back and re-fill the team's coffers - then - that new TV deal.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think everyone realizes he's being a baby, the issue is he's a  phenomenal QB and it's fun as hell to watch him play. We all remember Hundley, Seneca Wallace, etc. ( of course Tolzien was a treasure).

There is a hero play here.  What if Rodgers was right about the front office?  And what if they change a little and get players re-signed/extended?  Add in a title and maybe, just maybe Rodgers is the hero that we didn't deserve because our front office gets even better?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I honestly dont know how we get Adams done.....but I've never pretended to be a cap expert - not my job, so I dont put it on my mental plate.
We need the NFL's economic engine to come roaring back and re-fill the team's coffers - then - that new TV deal.

Adams camp just has to be willing to ignore the Hopkins contract as an outlier. Then you are negotiating in the 20-22 range not 27-28.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Adams camp just has to be willing to ignore the Hopkins contract as an outlier. Then you are negotiating in the 20-22 range not 27-28.

Perhaps easier said than done......but I'll remain hopeful.  I'm figuring AR's outta here after this season. Maybe yes / maybe no - obviously dont know - so having Davante for Love to throw to would be a good thing for his development and the team's seamless progression.

In other words - the "go all in then crash, burn and suck" plan isnt my preferred path. We're about as all in cap / debt-wise as I'd like to go.

I dont want to relinquish the Division to others. We may not get back to the NFCCG for awhile - but we wont suck.

Edited by Leader

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There is a hero play here.  What if Rodgers was right about the front office?  And what if they change a little and get players re-signed/extended?  Add in a title and maybe, just maybe Rodgers is the hero that we didn't deserve because our front office gets even better?

Yeah, I wish I could go there but when he's insisting on being the top paid guy on the one hand. Then on the other hand wants to know why we aren't bring in every guy he wants, he's an *******! 

That is pretty much the end of the story for me. Hope we win a Super Bowl this year because I think we just f'ed up the balance of Jordan Love's rookie deal pushing money into the future. 

I don't have to declare any one side a winner or loser relative to the other. I'm happy Rodgers is back this year, I'm happy the front office hasn't messed things up once things got difficult (it all could have been much worse).

Most of the speculation was built on shifting sand anyway, the principles said very little. The media chose to push the agenda of Rodgers leaving more than him staying, simply because that is a much bigger story.

For me, hating on Rodgers is stupid.

Hating on the front office is stupid.

That makes a lot of people round here stupid, so they probably hate on me now..............that may not be so stupid 🙃

We have #12 back for 2021, which is what (most of us) wanted. Now it is 2022 that will continue to be 'the beautiful mystery'.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

That would be an impossible pill to swallow if I were Adams as that's 10's of millions dollars in future revenue.  There's also the argument that Green Bay absolutely didn't ignore Larry Tunsil's contract for Bak's extension as it was every bit the outlier among LT contracts.  Not only did they beat it, they crushed it.  

10 minutes ago, spilltray said:

If Adams remains in GB it will be on a window-dressed $27+ AAV with funny money at the end IMO. I would expect his "practical" guarantee to be something like 3years/$70 million.

Just now, incognito_man said:

If Adams remains in GB it will be on a window-dressed $27+ AAV with funny money at the end IMO. I would expect his "practical" guarantee to be something like 3years/$70 million.

That sounds about right.  He's probably got three prime years left after this one, and could be a nice asset for Jordan Love moving forward.  He's an elite player .. I'd keep him.

40 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm backing the GB front office here.  With Gute there, I can't find much fault with what they've done.  They obviously wouldn't have him back if they didn't think he was 100% all in.

Now here's what I really want out of this.  Adams and MVS locked into their next contracts.  Let's secure these two, with Rogers on a rookie deal and Lazard on essentially a 2 year deal.   Gets us a little continuity at the WR position and has a few spots open to develop another WR in the future.

Agree completely with one caveat.  

I hated the idea of folding to Rodg on the voided year, but in reality it simply gives the team an option a year sooner than they would have been forced to face it.  I can live with it.  If Love looks great in pre-season and then Rodg has a great year they could actually trade Love and extend Rodg.  OR trade Rodg.  Good options.   What I CAN'T live with is if any of this trade of Cobb garbage is true.  An overpaid over the hill shmuck we'd have to bury ourselves in for two years?  No way.  Gute has been stellar, I can't believe he'd make a dumb move like that.  

Edited by 15412