Bdl summer owner meeting

bcb1213

My concerns about bye weeks is always having to account for injury possibilities on weeks our league does not play games. If we can look past that, easier to add an extra week for the season.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:19 PM, bcb1213 said:

Shark tank up a week passed 

OK topic two 

Do we want to extend the bdl season another week or keep the 12 game reg season, turkey week break and playoffs.  This is for or against. (If we choose to extend the season a week, we will discuss and vote on options then regarding byes) 

200w.gif

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Well it's been a week 

Proposition two fails without enough support. 

Should we try free agency bidding or just close the book here 

So then how would the schedule go?

Same number of games, play til Thanksgiving week, take that week off, and finish up the season with the BizzBowl being played in week 16?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

So then how would the schedule go?

Same number of games, play til Thanksgiving week, take that week off, and finish up the season with the BizzBowl being played in week 16?

Isn't there usually one team (if not more) that ends up getting screwed with a starter resting due to playoff slot being locked up? Seems like the best approach would be to not leverage those later weeks as much to avoid that kind of situation.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Isn't there usually one team (if not more) that ends up getting screwed with a starter resting due to playoff slot being locked up? Seems like the best approach would be to not leverage those later weeks as much to avoid that kind of situation.

Just my opinion.

I agree with this.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I agree with this.

I'm good with that as well.  

Was just trying to avoid having anyone missing a writeup for day after Xmas is all.  No worries 

Onto FA 

I propose for adding /subtracting years you have to beat the offer as if it were the same number of years, then do the conversion. So we don't go back and forth raising offers by nothing 

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Just my opinion.

I agree with this, sounds like a better way to do things.

20 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I also want to discuss potential biz bowl rules to what happens in a tie. Last year we had sudden death and first vote decided the champion. 

Do we still want to abide by those same rules?

I would rather have each owner do an OT write up.  How they would handle offense and defense(one drive each) assuming the other team was going for it on 4th.

Then we can all vote again.

This would only apply in the BizzBowl.

16 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I would rather have each owner do an OT write up.  How they would handle offense and defense(one drive each) assuming the other team was going for it on 4th.

Then we can all vote again.

This would only apply in the BizzBowl.

Not necessarily agreeing this is the best possible option, but I am already more in favor of that then what is currently in place.