NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I watched the first half, and Cade made a couple nice plays and Green looked like he was trying too hard early.  Once settled in, Cade didn't impress me much aside from one nice cross over and 3.  I know we need to get Hayes some game experience but have to let Cade handle the ball more or it was a dumb pick.  If you want a true shooting guard, Jalen should have been the pick.  Cade's value is in being able to be a playmaker and doesn't seem like the team is allowing him to do that at this point.  I am ok with it for now so we can see what we have in Hayes and get a top pick most likely but the coaching really needs to improve and that might include moving Hayes. 

Even if Cade doesn't live up to expectations next season, I wouldn't sweat it. You guys need major roster reconstruction.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even if Cade doesn't live up to expectations next season, I wouldn't sweat it. You guys need major roster reconstruction.

I hope he doesn't live up to expectations.  I want another top 2/3 pick to go with him and then the cap flexibility to sign a max and trade for another.  My dream is we are able to draft Paolo or Chet if he adds some muscle and then sign Lavine.  We could then take on another disgruntled player trying to push out of town on a max if we move one or two players.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I hope he doesn't live up to expectations.  I want another top 2/3 pick to go with him and then the cap flexibility to sign a max and trade for another.  My dream is we are able to draft Paolo or Chet if he adds some muscle and then sign Lavine.  We could then take on another disgruntled player trying to push out of town on a max if we move one or two players.  

Even if Cade lives up to expectations you're going to be pretty bad next season. 

LeBron averaged 21/5/6 as a rookie and the Cavaliers went 35-47. 

Durant averaged 20/4/2 as a rookie and the Sonics went 20-62. 

Luka averaged 21/8/6 as a rookie and the Mavericks went 33-49.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Even if Cade lives up to expectations you're going to be pretty bad next season. 

LeBron averaged 21/5/6 as a rookie and the Cavaliers went 35-47. 

Durant averaged 20/4/2 as a rookie and the Sonics went 20-62. 

Luka averaged 21/8/6 as a rookie and the Mavericks went 33-49.

For sure, unless Hayes quickly develops and Grant gets more efficient and the other young guys take a step forward.  But I doubt all of that happening.  Either way, we were 2 games away from the 6th pick this year without lottery luck, so we will need ot be really bad because a couple of those teams near us got worse IMO. 

46 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

For sure, unless Hayes quickly develops and Grant gets more efficient and the other young guys take a step forward.  But I doubt all of that happening.  Either way, we were 2 games away from the 6th pick this year without lottery luck, so we will need ot be really bad because a couple of those teams near us got worse IMO. 

That's why I think you should trade Grant for more draft capital/young pieces and just embrace the tank. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

honestly i feel the complete opposite. houston definitely got better from a talent standpoint, but they're really young aside from like 3 guys so we'll see if they can mesh together. okc should be better just based on sga playing. orlando should (maybe? i don't really know) have fultz and isaac coming back from injury, suggs should help them too but their whole roster is also really young and trying to figure themselves out. cleveland got mobley, didn't lose anyone of note and they don't have to play drummond anymore, which all seem like positives to me. and minnesota is a perpetual disaster but they don't have to sit through 30 games of ryan saunders and they definitely have more talent on paper than the pistons.

if casey doesn't figure out some way to run a less dysfunctional offense and he keeps giving guys like josh jackson consistent minutes we could be really, really bad. stewart, olynyk, and okafor feels like one of the worst center rotations in the league to me and just based on the amount of guards on the team i can see the ball being taken out of cade's hands a lot.

depending on how the first couple months go, it wouldn't completely shock me if grant gets dealt this year as long as the value is there.