NBA Summer League Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

playoffs for sure, East actually looks good this upcoming year 

The Bulls starting 5 is solid but they have basically zero depth. 

Lonzo - LaVine - DeRozan - Williams - Vuc

But their bench is Alex Caruso, Coby White, Tony Bradley, Javonte Green, and Troy Brown Jr. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bulls starting 5 is solid but they have basically zero depth. 

Lonzo - LaVine - DeRozan - Williams - Vuc

But their bench is Alex Caruso, Coby White, Tony Bradley, Javonte Green, and Troy Brown Jr. 

Caruso, Brown, White should be a solid trio. yah they should add another 2 rotation players, maybe they are working on a Lauri 2 for 1 deal 

Edited by Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Caruso, Brown, White should be a solid trio. yah they should add another 2 rotation players, maybe they are working on a Lauri 2 for 1 deal 

Coby White should thrive in a 6th man role, don't think Caruso offers much other than defense off the bench, and TBJ has shown nothing in the NBA. 

Coby and Caruso

Earl-Crabman-From-My-Name-Earl.jpg

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

honestly i feel the complete opposite. houston definitely got better from a talent standpoint, but they're really young aside from like 3 guys so we'll see if they can mesh together. okc should be better just based on sga playing. orlando should (maybe? i don't really know) have fultz and isaac coming back from injury, suggs should help them too but their whole roster is also really young and trying to figure themselves out. cleveland got mobley, didn't lose anyone of note and they don't have to play drummond anymore, which all seem like positives to me. and minnesota is a perpetual disaster but they don't have to sit through 30 games of ryan saunders and they definitely have more talent on paper than the pistons.

if casey doesn't figure out some way to run a less dysfunctional offense and he keeps giving guys like josh jackson consistent minutes we could be really, really bad. stewart, olynyk, and okafor feels like one of the worst center rotations in the league to me and just based on the amount of guards on the team i can see the ball being taken out of cade's hands a lot.

depending on how the first couple months go, it wouldn't completely shock me if grant gets dealt this year as long as the value is there.

I agree some got better but I also think others got worse.  I still don't trust Orlando, even with those guys back they are better but by how much?  Washington got worse, and if they end up moving Beal if they are that bad, I think they could fall below us.  The Spurs also got worse losing players and adding a rookie who is a couple years away from any production.  Houston got better, but they were significantly worse than us last year.  Even if green is what I expect, they will struggle.  OKC should be better, but they still don't have much outside of SGA.  The Cavs added Mobely but I don't think that is as much positive as us adding Cade and Hayes for the year as well as having Bey and Stewart who came on in the second half, and we were pretty similar this year.  The Timberwolves should be better than us but they do play out West with a tougher schedule.  Sacramento is not good IMO, especially if they move Buddy at some point.  I think they could be back in the mix for the top pick as well.  

I do agree our C rotation is trash.  Stewart s solid and should get the bulk of the minutes to see what he can develop into.  I hated the Olynyk signing and hope he is on the move at some point.  I'm pretty sure we should be bad again but if we didn't sit Grant the last two weeks this year, we very well could have ended up in the 6th slot.   So I would rather just suck and play the youth and then get another high pick and plenty of cap space to add someone valuable either through trade or FA. 

Okc has a good coach IMO he makes it very hard to tank. I don’t know what it is with this dude he’s young af but it’s like he keeps the game very simple and wide open for the players and is really good at adjustments and always on the ball.

that’s why I’m so pissed seeing Houston and Orlando and Cleveland and all of these other teams get set up.  Cause we’re going to have a hard time tanking still so it’s going to be hard to outpace them with just Shai. Josh Giddy is a waste.

Just now, Kirill said:

Okc has a good coach IMO he makes it very hard to tank. I don’t know what it is with this dude he’s young af but it’s like he keeps the game very simple and wide open for the players and is really good at adjustments and always on the ball.

You won 22 games while only playing SGA for 35 games and Horford for 28. You went 5-26 in your last 31 games, what really killed you is that you guys beat the Clippers in your final game which cost you a chance at a guaranteed top 4 pick.

2 hours ago, catcheryea said:

honestly i feel the complete opposite. houston definitely got better from a talent standpoint, but they're really young aside from like 3 guys so we'll see if they can mesh together. okc should be better just based on sga playing. orlando should (maybe? i don't really know) have fultz and isaac coming back from injury, suggs should help them too but their whole roster is also really young and trying to figure themselves out. cleveland got mobley, didn't lose anyone of note and they don't have to play drummond anymore, which all seem like positives to me. and minnesota is a perpetual disaster but they don't have to sit through 30 games of ryan saunders and they definitely have more talent on paper than the pistons.

if casey doesn't figure out some way to run a less dysfunctional offense and he keeps giving guys like josh jackson consistent minutes we could be really, really bad. stewart, olynyk, and okafor feels like one of the worst center rotations in the league to me and just based on the amount of guards on the team i can see the ball being taken out of cade's hands a lot.

depending on how the first couple months go, it wouldn't completely shock me if grant gets dealt this year as long as the value is there.

Houston won't be great but they also shouldn't be super terrible if Wall plays. Wall, Green, KPJ, Wood is good enough to not be a bottom feeding team. 

OKC should also be better than Detroit if they actually play SGA and guys like Poku, Maledon, and Bazley show some improvement this year but the West is a blood bath. 

I think Cleveland will definitely be better than the Pistons, would also assume they make some big in season trades after seeing how Allen/Mobley play together and when they decide if they're going to pay Sexton or not. 

Minnesota is a sleeper team, they only won 23 games last year but KAT is an All-Star, Edwards seemed to be figuring it out during the second half of the season, and Russell was hurt for half of the year. 

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I still don't trust Orlando, even with those guys back they are better but by how much?  

Orlando could be terrible or they could be kind of decent. Just really depends on the health of Fultz/Isaac and how well Suggs plays this year. 

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Washington got worse, and if they end up moving Beal if they are that bad, I think they could fall below us. 

If Dinwiddie is healthy I'd say that they'll probably be about as good as they were last year. Beal's scoring will keep them in a lot of games and losing Russ is almost addition by subtraction. Plus they have two young lottery picks who could make a leap in Avdija and Rui.

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Houston got better, but they were significantly worse than us last year.  Even if green is what I expect, they will struggle. 

Houston will suck but if Wall plays and Green is what he looks like he can be, they're going to win some games. Especially when you factor Eric Gordon, KPJ, and Wood into the equation. 

17 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

OKC should be better, but they still don't have much outside of SGA. 

OKC will probably be a tanking team, but SGA could also play well enough to cost them a chance at the #1 pick. 

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The Cavs added Mobely

Cleveland is a wild card to me, I could see them dealing Love, Sexton, and/or Allen during the season. 

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

And Devin Booker and a million other players think they are Kobe. Who gives a ****. I'm not talking about what Cade says or what MSM says. Keep the twitter to twitter. Please. I beg you to pick up a new style of posting because it's such a broken record.

Let's not get personal and chippy. Let's keep it focused on basketball too, please.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You won 22 games while only playing SGA for 35 games and Horford for 28. You went 5-26 in your last 31 games, what really killed you is that you guys beat the Clippers in your final game which cost you a chance at a guaranteed top 4 pick.

I mean we were def. trying to tank super hard towards the end then Poku went off in the final game so we didn’t get Suggs. The GM is a loser. That’s why I wanted to get one of these top guys this year then be done with the tank I hate the battle between the GM and the coach. The coach isn’t going to win Sam Presti is immortal in OKC.