Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The LB situation for this team is pretty ridiculous. You can’t go into a season like this. 

What’s ridiculous?  We spent a first round pick on a linebacker and I think most of us like Holcomb.  Bostic isn’t ideal but I like Hudson as depth.  Is it an amazing group? No, but I wouldn’t call it “ridiculous”.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

If we did, that's news to me. Are you comfortable with those players?

I believe we IRed that rookie Safety (Brooks?) only after he made the final 53, that way we can bring him back off of short term IR.  Then we resigned Mayo.  

I mean I’d like to replace Bostic but you can’t have a first rounder at every position.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I believe we IRed that rookie Safety (Brooks?) only after he made the final 53, that way we can bring him back off of short term IR.  Then we resigned Mayo.  

I mean I’d like to replace Bostic but you can’t have a first rounder at every position.

No. I get that. I just think we need to see if there's another option out there. Slim pickings for sure. I'm just going into this year with the same reservations of the same unit as last year

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not the coach, but this wouldn't be the first time that coaches were wrong about players. McTyer got burnt repeatedly in the preseason games. Not sure what flashed for McTyer with the coaches in practice because I'm just not seeing it on the field.  I also still disagree on Apke. I don't care that he's a gunner. Keeping a guy who can only run down punts and literally cannot do another thing on the field besides that, is a luxury this team cannot afford.

Totally understand but that’s what they’ve evaluated and we all know that certain players have made teams rosters since the NFL began just because they were good at special teams. We all loved Lorenzo Alexander, the first 10 years of his career until he got to Buffalo he was just a special teams ace. Steve Tasker is another perfect example. Etc, etc.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

No. I get that. I just think we need to see if there's another option out there. Slim pickings for sure. I'm just going into this year with the same reservations of the same unit as last year

Sounds like they’re bringing in McKinney for a workout.  The thing is Bostic isn’t on the field for his physical ability. He’s out there to call the defensive plays.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It’s really not that slim a Pickens. Last time I checked Josh Bynes & Micah Kiser were available, on top of Bernard McKinney & Josh Harvey Clemons who was a reserve LB for us for 4 years & a special teams guy.

There are guys we could sign to be our 6th LB who might be better than Mayo. McKinney would be if he’s healthy.

Ugh, I see Bynes has signed with the Ravens to be on their practice squad & Kiser signed with the Rams practice squad. It’s a head scratcher why we didn’t sign one of those two to our 53 man roster instead of keeping Mayo. Maybe it has something with not wanting to guarantee their contracts.

Edited by turtle28