Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

A writer from the Washington Post was on the Kevin Sheehan show this morning and he said it was clear in practice & in preseason that Jimmy was going to be the back up slot corner this year behind Fuller. St. Juste is our #3 corner. 

He also said that Jimmy was tried out as an outside corner this training camp and preseason & Tory McTyer outplayed Jimmy. We all love Jimmy, Rivera loves Jimmy too but it seems from what happened this preseason that Jimmy was more limited than the other corners. They see Jimmy as mostly a slot guy, while McTyer can play both. 

McTyer beat out Jimmy. That’s what happened, whether people like it or not.

I understand, I just don't agree.  You need to add more weight to game day play than practice reps.  I remember when Rivera also told us Apke was lighting it up last year as safety in training camp.  Remember how that went?  Anyways we will see how this plays out cause I think we are keeping Moreland on IR for who knows what.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I understand, I just don't agree.  You need to add more weight to game day play than practice reps.  I remember when Rivera also told us Apke was lighting it up last year as safety in training camp.  Remember how that went?  Anyways we will see how this plays out cause I think we are keeping Moreland on IR for who knows what.

Last year they didn’t have preseason games so they didn’t get to see Apke as a FS, they were just going off practice games.

This year there were 3 preseason games, they thought that McTyer outperformed Moreland in both practices & the preseason games. I guess we will find out if they were right or not. Either way as you said Moreland will be on IR, we’ll see what happens with that. He may be called up at some point if they need him.

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:
12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They’re moving Darrick Forrest to the Reserve/Injured list. I assume that’s IR? 

I think you're right . Minimum or 3 weels I think-hard to keep up with all the new rules. 

I think it is the "normal" IR so he would be eligible to return, unlke Jimmy Moreland who is done for the year since he was waived before the final cut down list.

31 minutes ago, Woz said:

I think it is the "normal" IR so he would be eligible to return, unlke Jimmy Moreland who is done for the year since he was waived before the final cut down list.

IDK He wasn't IRd was he ? Just "injury designation" whatever that technicality means . Maybe your right - I just saw him listed on I R . Strange , I thought it was a minor injury .

Edited by RSkinGM

44 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

IDK He wasn't IRd was he ? Just "injury designation" whatever that technicality means . Maybe your right - I just saw him listed on I R . Strange , I thought it was a minor injury .

Yeah, injury designation means they csn be brought back off the injury list during the season. I think we can only do that with two guys, but that may have changed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know what you were watching honestly. McTyer is solid, he also showed the coaching staff that he’s a better outside corner than what Jimmy has shown. Reports are that Jimmy didn’t perform as well when he was put outside vs when he was in the slot.

Fuller is going to be our slot corner this year. St. Juste is our 3rd corner this year. He’ll be coming in when we go to the nickel and playing the outside corner opposite WJIII.

Rivera likes guys who can play inside & outside. McTyer can do that, as can Fuller obviously. Also, Curl & McCain can play corner too. McCain was a corner before he was converted to a safety 3 years ago.

I'm not the coach, but this wouldn't be the first time that coaches were wrong about players. McTyer got burnt repeatedly in the preseason games. Not sure what flashed for McTyer with the coaches in practice because I'm just not seeing it on the field.  I also still disagree on Apke. I don't care that he's a gunner. Keeping a guy who can only run down punts and literally cannot do another thing on the field besides that, is a luxury this team cannot afford.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm not the coach, but this wouldn't be the first time that coaches were wrong about players. McTyer got burnt repeatedly in the preseason games. Not sure what flashed for McTyer with the coaches in practice because I'm just not seeing it on the field.  I also still disagree on Apke. I don't care that he's a gunner. Keeping a guy who can only run down punts and literally cannot do another thing on the field besides that, is a luxury this team cannot afford.

Friend - your assessment is wrong. McT did not get burned repeatedly. 

Edited by Troublez