Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

David Bada isn’t on that list, which I find a little odd. 

I would probably go with Bada and Seals-Jones, and then attempt to use the practice squad as a source of rotating veteran TEs to call up to the active roster to be the TE3 on game day — two weeks of Seals-Jones, then two weeks of Hemingway, then two weeks of Marcus Baugh, etc. 

Bada is an international player so he has some kind of waiver, doesn’t he?

I think we should keep Ricky Seals-Jones too bc we should have a veteran reserve at TE beyond having Bates & Reyes.

I say Carter for his return abilities.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The issue I've got is if you're going to take a project from a small school you can't just dump him in Year 2.  He needs more time.  

Sure you can if you have better WRs. We drafted Dyami Brown & Dax Milne who outperformed AGG and Milne plays special teams. And that’s beyond the fact that Cam Sims emerged as our 2nd best WR last year and now is our #5 WR.

We got better through the draft and free Agency at WR, therefore we couldn’t keep projects like AGG, Steven Sims Jr & Isaiah Wright. It seems like a good thing to me.

Hopefully, we can sign AGG & Wright to our practice squad, if not, time will go on. I like the WR group we have.

Edited by turtle28

I am actually surprised at some of these cuts.  Moreland basically started for us half the season last year and did so with success as a rookie.  I can't imagine him clearing waivers.  Giving McTyer a shot based on a good camp over a guy who actually showed it on the field is a questionable decision in my opinion.

Reaves should be less surprising, but still.

The commitment to Gibson, McKissic and Patterson will be interesting to follow.  The big thing here for me is can they pass block and of course who will they initially use as short yardage.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am actually surprised at some of these cuts.  Moreland basically started for us half the season last year and did so with success as a rookie.  I can't imagine him clearing waivers.  Giving McTyer a shot based on a good camp over a guy who actually showed it on the field is a questionable decision in my opinion.

Reaves should be less surprising, but still.

The commitment to Gibson, McKissic and Patterson will be interesting to follow.  The big thing here for me is can they pass block and of course who will they initially use as short yardage.

McKissic was always fine as a pass blocker and he’s in there on most passing downs, Patterson showed he was capable of pass blocking this preseason & I have to assume that Gibby worked hard at pass blocking this offseason and has improved in that area. I don’t remember any glaring mistakes in his pass blocking this preseason. 

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m glad to hear this. Like Daniel Wise (and even Bunmi), there were some flashes with Bada this preseason.

If he can continue turning those Bada flashes into Bada booms, he could be a future contributor. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2