Roster/Cuts Thread

e16bball

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

That's actually an impressive hold for us on PS players. Obviously still waiting to see what happens to Jimmy, but wow. 

My feelings exactly.

I am still completely puzzled by Moreland decision.  You don't keep depth or a special teams guy instead of a starter and a cheap one at that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I heard on the radio today that his injury wasn’t serious but he might miss a few weeks. It was someone from the Washington Post that was on the Kevin Sheehan show & he said that it sounded possible that Jimmy would miss week 1 and then be brought back on the roster.

Something to watch for I guess.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, offbyone said:

My feelings exactly.

I am still completely puzzled by Moreland decision.  You don't keep depth or a special teams guy instead of a starter and a cheap one at that.

A writer from the Washington Post was on the Kevin Sheehan show this morning and he said it was clear in practice & in preseason that Jimmy was going to be the back up slot corner this year behind Fuller. St. Juste is our #3 corner. 

He also said that Jimmy was tried out as an outside corner this training camp and preseason & Tory McTyer outplayed Jimmy. We all love Jimmy, Rivera loves Jimmy too but it seems from what happened this preseason that Jimmy was more limited than the other corners. They see Jimmy as mostly a slot guy, while McTyer can play both. 

McTyer beat out Jimmy. That’s what happened, whether people like it or not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not to me. I watched him repeatedly get burned. Dunno what you want me to say. I don't think he's that great TBQH. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I don’t know what you were watching honestly. McTyer is solid, he also showed the coaching staff that he’s a better outside corner than what Jimmy has shown. Reports are that Jimmy didn’t perform as well when he was put outside vs when he was in the slot.

Fuller is going to be our slot corner this year. St. Juste is our 3rd corner this year. He’ll be coming in when we go to the nickel and playing the outside corner opposite WJIII.

Rivera likes guys who can play inside & outside. McTyer can do that, as can Fuller obviously. Also, Curl & McCain can play corner too. McCain was a corner before he was converted to a safety 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Moreland probably gonna hold out for a roster job or another P S with more opportunity. I think he's gone .

I doubt he passes up a job & a paycheck. It’s not like he’s a 5 or more year veteran who’s gotten cut in his 2nd or 3rd contract after he’s already made some real $. He can be signed to our practice squad and be plucked by anyone if they want him to be on their team still, meanwhile he’ll still be collecting the $9,200 check a week from us on the practice squad.

Why would someone pass up a $9,200 check and hold out till someone else calls them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I doubt he passes up a job & a paycheck. It’s not like he’s a 5 or more year veteran who’s gotten cut in his 2nd or 3rd contract after he’s already made some real $. He can be signed to our practice squad and be plucked by anyone if they want him to be on their team still, meanwhile he’ll still be collecting the $9,200 check a week from us on the practice squad.

Why would someone pass up a $9,200 check and hold out till someone else calls them?

Pride ? False Bravado, bad advice from family and/ or agent . We only have one space left- I hope we sign him . !

Edited by RSkinGM