Panthers trade OT Greg Little to Dolphins for 7th-round pick

TheKillerNacho

Played LT for Carolina, how bout playing RT in Miami?

From what I read, nagging ankle injuries slowed development during his first two seasons. Sounds like a Year 3 guy that's only at a Year 1.5 level. 

Worth a 7th-rder to find out if he can become a decent tackle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm giddy. Low price for OT help so badly needed.

When the Panthers made Little a 2nd round pick in 2019, he was expected to be a future starter for them, but he seems to have struggled a bit. Can Panthers fans provide more insight?

I’d suggest not being giddy. 

I read the title of this thread and almost had a coronary.  I thought it was the Jaguars trading Walker Little to the Dolphins for a 7th round pick.  Not that he has been a huge star yet, but he has shown a lot of promise in the preseason and it would be pretty crazy to trade a 2nd rounder this soon for a 7th.  Glad it was just my bad vision at work here.

Edited by Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

you have no idea how bad our OL depth is lol

Really, this guy Little is just depth replacement for tackle/guard DJ Fluker who got hurt and was released earlier this month after injury settlement. So a guy with actual NFL experience was needed, not another UDFA hopeful. Though some no-name UDFA hopefuls might be better than the Fins' backups on the O-line amirite. 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean for a 7th why not?  Seems like a decent reclamation project. 

This.

Classic Patriots move, grab a guy whose value is super low that at one point had a lot of potential and attempt to rehab it. It doesnt work more often than not but its never not been worth the risk. 

3 hours ago, FinSting said:

Really, this guy Little is just depth replacement for tackle/guard DJ Fluker who got hurt and was released earlier this month after injury settlement. So a guy with actual NFL experience was needed, not another UDFA hopeful. Though some no-name UDFA hopefuls might be better than the Fins' backups on the O-line amirite. 

This is a reaction to Austin Jackson’s poor camp and even worse showing in the first game. Dude had like 41 snaps in pre season after starting last year. They’re trying anything to either upgrade or motivate him. 

7 hours ago, joeyL. said:

This is a reaction to Austin Jackson’s poor camp and even worse showing in the first game. Dude had like 41 snaps in pre season after starting last year. They’re trying anything to either upgrade or motivate him. 

It's ok to have a weak LT when your QB is left-handled. That's just geometry and stuff. It's RT that's more worrisome and Fins haven't found one yet. 

12 hours ago, swoosh said:

This won't work. He last played played in 2014 and wasn't good then. And then they're asking him to switch from WR to OL. Odd. 

It took me a half beat to get this one... but I got it, I got it.

• Like 1