Around the League 2022

Bobby816

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

Just wanted to chime in here. I also got a DUI, 12 years ago. Blew a .08 after falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing I to a pole. It's weird because I've always looked at it as a lucky moment. I could have killed someone or been killed because I was being stupid. At that time in my life I was going out drinking almost every weekend, including binge drinking at house parties where I would black out. That moment was a lesson I needed. It forced me to evaluate the path I was on. I was humiliated, embarrassed and yet thankful. 

It's incredibly sad that people have to learn this lesson that hard way, and even more sad when they aren't as lucky as I was. If I had had a passenger in the car, they would have died, as a piece of metal pierced my passenger seat. 

I know this topic isn't football related, but you were brave enough to share an embarrassing story and I wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

I’m glad you were OK. As I said, we all make mistakes. The real test is learning from it. Sadly, too many people do not, thus making them stupid.  You learned and fixed it.

I too have a story which happened recently. I prefer not to share just yet. The point is, we all **** up. 

Just now, xrade said:

I’m glad you were OK. As I said, we all make mistakes. The real test is learning from it. Sadly, too many people do not, thus making them stupid.  You learned and fixed it.

I too have a story which happened recently. I prefer not to share just yet. The point is, we all **** up. 

One of the statistics that really stuck with me in the alcohol awareness class I had to take was that 50%of people that get a DUI get a second one. That blew my mind. It was, and is still the worst moment of my life. I would never want a repeat.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

One of the statistics that really stuck with me in the alcohol awareness class I had to take was that 50%of people that get a DUI get a second one. That blew my mind. It was, and is still the worst moment of my life. I would never want a repeat.

There was one night I drove home from a bbq at my friend's house because they were going out after we drank most of the day and I wanted to sleep in my own bed.  I remember driving and feeling very sleepy.

Next day my friend asked how I got home and when I told him I drove he's like "you're kidding me right? Are you ****ing stupid?"  Since then I won't even risk having 2-3 and driving.  Did not feel good about it.  

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bills I thought were gonna beat us easily regardless. But now that they'll be pissed off after losing to JAX... means we will get smoked IMO. 

How in the hell did Jax hold them to 6 points?  Did anyone see the game?

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I only caught the last few minutes but they were just sending 4 and still getting to Allen very quickly. It was very impressive and I doubt we can replicate that.

I further reread that Jax was utilizing a Cover-2 Shell. It takes away the deep ball which teams like the Bills like to throw. However, without pressure from the front 4, it becomes less effective. Based on this, we are in for a long game because we can’t generate pressure without blitzing.