Week 2 Preseason GDT

Sad People

Has Lawrence completed anything beyond 8 yards that isn’t some sort of crossing route this pre season yet? Can’t tell if it’s play calling or no one open or Lawrence playing within himself, but everything is short of the sticks and not giving the receiver any chance to make something happen.

Winston looks good but it will be the same ol with him. Explosions, fireworks and turnovers. Gotta roll with him though, Hill is brutal 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Has Lawrence completed anything beyond 8 yards that isn’t some sort of crossing route this pre season yet? Can’t tell if it’s play calling or no one open or Lawrence playing within himself, but everything is short of the sticks and not giving the receiver any chance to make something happen.

Winston looks good but it will be the same ol with him. Explosions, fireworks and turnovers. Gotta roll with him though, Hill is brutal 

Not sure about the route but he did complete a couple deeper throws in the first game I believe.  I think it may be designed a bit though to keep everything short.  

Yep exactly what you will get with Winston and I actually think he will do better on the Saints than the Bucs.  I feel the O line and run game will really help him.  Its something he didn't get in Tampa.

8 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Arians put Winston in some bad situations with all the risky long developing deep passes. Not the type of offense you want to run with a guy who has questionable decision making. He was putting to much pressure on Winston and it led to interceptions. Sean Payton on the other hand likes those quick safe throws, with the occasional deep bomb to a wide open receiver. Should suit Winston quite well. I think Winston will surprise this year.. people might actually consider him 'good' when all is said and done.

Most of Winston’s interceptions were not deep passes 

Brought this up when the Tebow news broke but at the start of the offseason the Jags traded former high 3rd round TE Josh Oliver to the Ravens for a conditional 7th round pick. They brought in Tebow a few weeks later and their fans made it mostly about how bad their TE room was.

Oliver had 7 catches for 50 yards last preseason game and looks to be the favorite for TE3 this year. 

Just so bizarre to me the Jags wouldn’t keep that guy around and shipped him off for practically nothing 

I get he had injuries first 2 years but if the TE room was as bad as Jags fan said, why not at least wait until he’s injured again until you cut bait? He’s been healthy and has looked solid for us.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Ray Reed

37 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Brought this up when the Tebow news broke but at the start of the offseason the Jags traded former high 3rd round TE Josh Oliver to the Ravens for a conditional 7th round pick. They brought in Tebow a few weeks later and their fans made it mostly about how bad their TE room was.

Oliver had 7 catches for 50 yards last preseason game and looks to be the favorite for TE3 this year. 

Just so bizarre to me the Jags wouldn’t keep that guy around and shipped him off for practically nothing 

I get he had injuries first 2 years but if the TE room was as bad as Jags fan said, why not at least wait until he’s injured again until you cut bait? He’s been healthy and has looked solid for us.

🤷🏻‍♂️

New regime means sometimes you ship out the old guys and bring in “your guys”.

Not really that bizarre at all, especially with 3rd stringers.

18 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

New regime means sometimes you ship out the old guys and bring in “your guys”.

Not really that bizarre at all, especially with 3rd stringers.

From what I heard from Jags fans, their TE room would have been lucky to have a 3rd string level TE in there.

I get the concept of getting your guys, but when a position is that weak/thin that “your guy” is bringing in Tebow at TE...idk

Edited by Ray Reed

9 hours ago, BigTrav said:

Most of our heroes f* away from home, come on. 

It's just some can also catch the ball...

Yea the NFL isn’t full of good dudes. That’s why I never cared when people try to define KC by like 3 players in our locker room. Every single team has these guys whether or not they’ve been caught or whatever the case is

• Like 1