Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Carr is playing in a much more aggressive scheme with much harder throws to make and pushing the ball down the field

To Darren Waller, Hunter Renfrow, Bryan Edwards, and Henry Ruggs who are all more capable downfield receivers than what the Patriots have at this point. Mac is doing this in his first few games as a rookie with Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor in their first season in a new offense. Mac has had his RB's just as often benched, traded, or now injured as Carr has been without Jacobs. Trent Brown has missed every game for the Pats and two of the three defense they have faced have been among the best in the league.

I see comparable QB's but one is doing it as a rookie with less cohesion around him and support thus far.

25 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

To Darren Waller, Hunter Renfrow, Bryan Edwards, and Henry Ruggs who are all more capable downfield receivers than what the Patriots have at this point. Mac is doing this in his first few games as a rookie with Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor in their first season in a new offense. Mac has had his RB's just as often benched, traded, or now injured as Carr has been without Jacobs. Trent Brown has missed every game for the Pats and two of the three defense they have faced have been among the best in the league.

I see comparable QB's but one is doing it as a rookie with less cohesion around him and support thus far.

agholor was the raiders premier deep threat last year. so much so that the pats are paying him 8 figures per year. his longest reception this year is 25 yards

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

agholor was the raiders premier deep threat last year. so much so that the pats are paying him 8 figures per year. his longest reception this year is 25 yards

By far his best season to date is with.. lo and behold, Carr playing QB. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I'm well aware what Agholor did on the Raiders last year. Right now on the Patriots? Reread the part of the post that mentions this is Agholor's first year in a new offense. An offense, mind you, without an All-Pro/HOF-caliber tight end, another deep threat a la Ruggs, or arguably the NFL's best 3rd down underneath receiver in Renfrow. Yet still the rookie Mac Jones is performing up to par with established NFL vets and operating a complex playbook without any held back from anything in it.

The Patriots have major issues with their roster and coaching, and the offense would be awful without Mac. He is one of three players on offense that have kept the team even remotely competitive from a scoring standpoint. The other two players on offense, (James White and Jakobi Meyers), are limited downfield threats with White set to miss the entire season.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I thought you wanted to agree to disagree? 

The QBs are not remotely comparable at this stage of their careers. Maybe in three years time if Jones is still doing well they can be compared but to do that now is just, (I don't know any other way to put this) but laughable.

I see a rookie who is doing OK in an offence clearly limited by the QBs limitations and clearly designed to protect said QB and help him mature without doing a Zach Wilson. You did see what happened against New Orleans when due to the game situation the onus was put more on Jones to produce right and not to be carried by the team? Carr has dragged the Raiders team kicking and screaming back to win against the Ravens and Dolphins and been the main reason we won all three games.

By all means if you don't think I'm accurate then why not start a Carr versus Mac Jones poll and see what the FF consensus is, there are a lot of intelligent posters here who know a lot about football. If Jones is doing more with less then they'll surely be able to discern that right?

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Why am I not allowed to follow up on your closing thoughts with my own?

Eh? You're more than welcome to, I have no authority to stop you 🤔 but when someone says let's agree to disagree that generally signals they want to end the discussion. I'm more than happy to continue if you've got anything else. I just enjoy talking football 😀

19 hours ago, Turnobili said:

washington paid the price for perennially underrating their own guy. let him play out the last year of his rookie deal, franchised him twice. never gave him a contract. they've seemingly been a QB away ever since he went to the Vikings

To be fair, the Vikings have been a team away since signing Cousins though 😅

It's very unlucky. You put Cousins on the 2017 team and they could've at least hung with the Eagles. But this is likely the most talented team Cousins has ever had this year. Not sure how deep of a run they could make, but this may be Cousins shot at post season success.

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Eh? You're more than welcome to, I have no authority to stop you 🤔 but when someone says let's agree to disagree that generally signals they want to end the discussion. I'm more than happy to continue if you've got anything else. I just enjoy talking football 😀

Sure, but I just don't see the point continuing since your opinion is already formed and it appears as though you've only actually watched the games Carr played in.

Edited by DoleINGout

1. Tom Brady

2. Kyler Murrary

3. Derek Carr

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Lamar Jackson

7. Jalen Hurts

8. Russell Wilson

9. Ryan Tannehill

10. Josh Allen

11. Sam Darnold

12. Dak Prescott

13. Mac Jones

14. Matthew Stafford

15. Teddy Bridgewater

16. Jared Goff

17. Justin Herbert

18. Kurt Cousins

19. Jacoby Brisket 

20. Carson Wentz

21. Patrick Mahomes

22. Joe Burrow

23. Big Ben

24. Winston

25. Trevor Lawrence 

26. Zach Wilson

27. Matt Ryan 

28. Jimmy G

This is using advanced stats

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm well aware what Agholor did on the Raiders last year. Right now on the Patriots? Reread the part of the post that mentions this is Agholor's first year in a new offense. An offense, mind you, without an All-Pro/HOF-caliber tight end, another deep threat a la Ruggs, or arguably the NFL's best 3rd down underneath receiver in Renfrow. Yet still the rookie Mac Jones is performing up to par with established NFL vets and operating a complex playbook without any held back from anything in it.

The Patriots have major issues with their roster and coaching, and the offense would be awful without Mac. He is one of three players on offense that have kept the team even remotely competitive from a scoring standpoint. The other two players on offense, (James White and Jakobi Meyers), are limited downfield threats with White set to miss the entire season.

last year was Agholor's first year in a new offense too

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Sure, but I just don't see the point continuing since your opinion is already formed and it appears as though you've only actually watched the games Carr played in.

That old chestnut eh? 

I'm prepared to change my opinion if you give me something worth considering. You've given me nothing as yet but a bunch of excuses for why Jones isn't setting the league on fire. I watched the whole of the Jets v Pat's game (I like the Jets for my sins 😬) and have gone back and looked at all Jones' throws over the other games. 

Jones is a rookie who is very much in the learning stage, being protected by the playcalling and coaching (rightfully so for his long term development) I see nothing to really be comparable yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but you claimed that Mac Jones was more consistent than Derek Carr and there was an argument that he's better than Carr after just two professional games, I believe. You are the one making the exceptional claim therefore the onus is on you to present exceptional evidence to support that claim. I don't think I'm closed minded, I just find your claims and 'justification' absurd. 

4 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

1. Tom Brady

2. Kyler Murrary

3. Derek Carr

4. Baker Mayfield

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Lamar Jackson

7. Jalen Hurts

8. Russell Wilson

9. Ryan Tannehill

10. Josh Allen

11. Sam Darnold

12. Dak Prescott

13. Mac Jones

14. Matthew Stafford

15. Teddy Bridgewater

16. Jared Goff

17. Justin Herbert

18. Kurt Cousins

19. Jacoby Brisket 

20. Carson Wentz

21. Patrick Mahomes

22. Joe Burrow

23. Big Ben

24. Winston

25. Trevor Lawrence 

26. Zach Wilson

27. Matt Ryan 

28. Jimmy G

This is using advanced stats

This just in, Jalen Hurts is currently a better QB than Patrick Mahomes and is top 10 in general. 

Come on.