Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

Just now, NYRaider said:

SB.jpg

Wrong clip, tbh. He's never been a good down field passer. That call was always kind of weird. I would never assume that's a completion. Just not his thing at all. That's kind of like the Norwood kick. 

You have to post the things that he really mucked up. This one is pretty egregious:

Or this

On 9/20/2021 at 5:21 PM, Matts4313 said:

Every fans default is to bash the playcaller. Tell me, what is McDaniels doing schematically that is so bad? 

As a Pats fan I always thought my fellow Patties unfairly ride McDaniels. He’s one of the best OC’s in the league and BB clearly wants him around. 

That said, I think what SB is referring to is the conservative nature of calls when we need a lot of yards. It’s been ever-present even in peak Brady years where he’d predictably call a draw play on 3rd and long. 

At the weekend we faced a 3rd and 17, and a 3rd and 15 I believe. Both play calls were WR screens and they went nowhere. 

But again I reiterate I think he’s generally good as a play caller

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, Apparition said:

At this point, I just divide guys into tiers. Their rankings within those tiers is purely academic.

Tier 1: The guys who carry their teams to perennial contention

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
R. Wilson

Tier 2: Guys who have the talent to be tier 1 but not the track record

Jackson
Allen
Prescott
Herbert
Stafford
Mayfield
Murray
Ryan

So there's your top-12. Rounding out the remaining groups

Tier 3: Guys whose performance is too dependent on circumstance to be considered in the top two tiers

Carr
Tannehill
Roethlisberger
Cousins
Wentz
Bridgewater
Darnold
Winston
Goff
Garoppolo

Tier 4: Replacement-level guys, journeymen and assorted scrubs

Taylor
D. Jones
Dalton
Fitzpatrick/Heineke

Tier ??: Not enough data

Burrow
Tagovailoa
Hurts
M. Jones
Lawrence
Z. Wilson
Fields
Lance

Just curious how Heineke falls into the tier you placed him in as opposed to (?)? He’s started two games for us and has played extremely well in all four of his appearances. I just don’t understand how we don’t have enough data on a guy like Tua that has looked pretty much terrible and has started more games versus a guy like Heineke that has looked great but has less starts? 

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Just curious how Heineke falls into the tier you placed him in as opposed to (?)? He’s started two games for us and has played extremely well in all four of his appearances. I just don’t understand how we don’t have enough data on a guy like Tua that has looked pretty much terrible and has started more games versus a guy like Heineke that has looked great but has less starts? 

I mean, he clearly fits the definition of "journeyman", being with his 6th organization in 7 seasons. He could move into another category if he continues playing well.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Apparition said:

People complain about this right now, but it was the same thing under Charlie Weis when Brady was young. It's less of a McDaniels thing than a Belichick not wanting to put too much on a young QB's shoulders thing. 

Except it's been a glaring issue going back to when Brady was here in 2019.