Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

carr ascending. 

Carr was good last year. He was 11th in yards, 11th in TD, 10th in comp %, 7th in Y/A, 6th in Y/C, 11th in QBR, and 10th in QB rating despite missing a game. All while playing with Hunter Renfrow and two hurt rookies as his best 3 WR's, a make shift offensive line, and the worst defense in Raiders franchise history. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

what is Jimmy G asked to do?

Not nearly as much as DC that’s for sure. He can manage a game but DC can win shootouts with quarterbacks who are better than him. And put up 30+ with no run game. Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion but I’ll stand by it. It’s why the 49ers drafted lance.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not nearly as much as DC that’s for sure. He can manage a game but DC can win shootouts with quarterbacks who are better than him. And put up 30+ with no run game. Maybe it’s an unpopular opinion but I’ll stand by it. It’s why the 49ers drafted lance.

I wasn't arguing that. I said Mac is more comparable to Jimmy G imo not Carr who is carrying an offense.

15 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Putting Dak, Herbert and Allen over Rodgers:

are-you-serious-spiderman.gif

Honestly not laughable at all. Fans treat Rodgers like he is some untouchable god and it has gotten a little old. It has gotten to the point where he is frankly a little overrated at this point. His attitude in losing efforts against good teams doesn’t help. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Honestly not laughable at all. Fans treat Rodgers like he is some untouchable god and it has gotten a little old. It has gotten to the point where he is frankly a little overrated at this point. His attitude in losing efforts against good teams doesn’t help. 

as a QB he is clearly better. As far as impact you could argue it because he might not lead the team like he should and is responsible for distraction leading to his team performing worse overall but as a QB he is on a different level.

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Did we watch the same game last night and the throws he was making, or are we going to judge a guy who just won an MVP off of a week 1 performance against a VERY good defense after basically having no offseason?

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

That same attitude that helped him pass for 4,300 yards/48 TD on a 13-3 team en route to his 3rd MVP award?

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

as a QB he is clearly better. As far as impact you could argue it because he might not lead the team like he should and is responsible for distraction leading to his team performing worse overall but as a QB he is on a different level.

They should've went 15-1 instead of 13-3, lol?

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That same attitude that helped him pass for 4,300 yards/48 TD on a 13-3 team en route to his 3rd MVP award?

Not sure you understand. He's great at riding momentum, and to his credit momentum is usually in his favor. He's great when his team is riding high and yet when his team rolls into a game and gets punched in the mouth they usually stay down. He just seems to have such a whimsical sort of "lol I don't even care" attitude when his team meets adversity. Any time his team really, truly falls out of a game (meaning they are down by more than just a score or two) I really don't have confidence that he can bring them back. I 100% knew the game vs the Saints was over as soon as the Saints got reasonably far ahead because that is just par for the course with Rodgers. Obviously he had a fantastic season last season and I'm not taking that away from him -- obviously he is in the top tier of quarterbacks. There are simply elements of his game that I don't care for and his attitude is the major one. I think he is a questionable leader and he just doesn't have the fire in him that you might see in other great quarterbacks. 

I also dislike several of the narratives that ride with him. It seems like we pretend that he is solely responsible for his success, and when something goes wrong he gets every excuse in the world. I can't even imagine what the media + fans would have done to Dak if he played like Rodgers did in week one. Meanwhile no one really says much of anything if Rodgers plays poorly... and then when he has a somewhat decent game against a very weak team like Detroit people sing his praises as if he did something special. If a tier 2 QB did what he did against Detroit no one would really say much of anything. There is just soooo much hyperbole/ exaggeration to Rodger's actual ability at the QB position in recent years and it makes comparisons pretty annoying. And again, I do consider him a tier 1 QB and one of the absolute best, I just simply don't believe he is as far ahead of some of his peers as some people seem to act like he is. I also personally don't think he is going to be a score machine like he was last year. I expect his production to settle more into what it was in the couple of seasons leading into last year. With that in mind, I think comparisons to some of the other great QBs in the game are valid and fair. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Did we watch the same game last night and the throws he was making, or are we going to judge a guy who just won an MVP off of a week 1 performance against a VERY good defense after basically having no offseason?

Yes, we did watch the same game. I never said I was judging Rodgers just on the Saints game. I'm not even saying he isn't great. I think Rodgers is a great QB, but I also feel the praise heaped on him is laughably over the top and I feel that he isn't as far ahead of his peers as people act like he is. I don't even have a problem with people thinking he could be ranked as high as the #2 QB in the game right now (I do feel Mahomes is certainly better), but I do have a problem with people thinking he is untouchable and solidly on a whole different level than some of the other great QB in the games right now. 

• Like 1