Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

48 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Look at the list FAinrIxVQAgA4Hs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As if that was the be it be all for evaluating QB play… no one in their rational mind thinks Jalen Hurts is worthy of being ranked as a top 10 QB.

There is way more to QB play than looking at some arbitrary charting of risk related turnovers and “big throws”.

If some analysis is leading you to believe Brissett > Mahomes you need to reanalyze. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

To Darren Waller, Hunter Renfrow, Bryan Edwards, and Henry Ruggs who are all more capable downfield receivers than what the Patriots have at this point. Mac is doing this in his first few games as a rookie with Jonnu Smith, Hunter Henry, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor in their first season in a new offense. Mac has had his RB's just as often benched, traded, or now injured as Carr has been without Jacobs. Trent Brown has missed every game for the Pats and two of the three defense they have faced have been among the best in the league.

I see comparable QB's but one is doing it as a rookie with less cohesion around him and support thus far.

Carr lit it up with Agholor in his first season with no off-season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Look at the list FAinrIxVQAgA4Hs?format=jpg&name=4096x409

What kinda metric is this for measuring QBs? This literally negates 80% of what a QB does, which are non-splash plays.

Any who - here is NFL.coms. No clue if its any good, havent really followed it. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-4-2021-season-rankings

Edited by Matts4313

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What kinda metric is this for measuring QBs? This literally negates 80% of what a QB does, which are non-splash plays.

Any who - here is NFL.coms. No clue if its any good, havent really followed it. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-4-2021-season-rankings

The QB Index used to be written by a guy called Chris Wesseling who was an excellent writer and who unfortunately died earlier this year. Haven’t seen Rosenthal’s version of it until this link, but it does seem a bit… knee jerk? It’s early in the season I suppose, but some of the rankings jumps since last week seem like overreaction.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's a tool, I've never been shy about that. 

He falls squarely in the "He's my tool" camp. I'm sure Pittsburgh fans felt the same about Hines Ward, Baltimore and Ray Lewis, Florida fans and Tim Tebow, etc.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He falls squarely in the "He's my tool" camp. I'm sure Pittsburgh fans felt the same about Hines Ward, Baltimore and Ray Lewis, Florida fans and Tim Tebow, etc.

He hasn't done anything overly toolish for a while though. He's been a lot more entertaining than arrogantly toolish the last couple of years. It's annoying and makes him a bigger tool 🤣

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

He hasn't done anything overly toolish for a while though. He's been a lot more entertaining than arrogantly toolish the last couple of years. It's annoying and makes him a bigger tool 🤣

The interview where he trolled Cowherd last year by intentionally turning his hat backwards had me in stitches.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2021/01/11/baker-mayfield-trolls-colin-cowherd-backwards-hat/115279734/

Check out the first 2 minute clip and then this gem:

• Like 3