Top 12 QBs in the league.

GHARMON9

6 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Mac Jones and Jimmy G over Carr?

Yup. Mac has been more consistent than Carr, who couldn't hit a target in the first half of week 1. Nothing has really separated the three from the others but Mac has a distinguishable accuracy, consistency on third down and in general that surpasses Carr and Garoppolo for me thus far.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

eh, Mac is clearly behind held back by McDaniels and his playcalling and the TEs not showing up in the redzone but Carr has been balling thus far. No way I would say Mac is better than him at this point. Jimmy G might be a good discussion though.

Every fans default is to bash the playcaller. Tell me, what is McDaniels doing schematically that is so bad? 

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Yup. Mac has been more consistent than Carr, who couldn't hit a target in the first half of week 1. Nothing has really separated the three from the others but Mac has a distinguishable accuracy, consistency on third down and in general that surpasses Carr and Garoppolo for me thus far.

lol

• Like 5

At this point, I just divide guys into tiers. Their rankings within those tiers is purely academic.

Tier 1: The guys who carry their teams to perennial contention

Brady
Mahomes
Rodgers
R. Wilson

Tier 2: Guys who have the talent to be tier 1 but not the track record

Jackson
Allen
Prescott
Herbert
Stafford
Mayfield
Murray
Ryan

So there's your top-12. Rounding out the remaining groups

Tier 3: Guys whose performance is too dependent on circumstance to be considered in the top two tiers

Carr
Tannehill
Roethlisberger
Cousins
Wentz
Bridgewater
Darnold
Winston
Goff
Garoppolo

Tier 4: Replacement-level guys, journeymen and assorted scrubs

Taylor
D. Jones
Dalton
Fitzpatrick/Heineke

Tier ??: Not enough data

Burrow
Tagovailoa
Hurts
M. Jones
Lawrence
Z. Wilson
Fields
Lance

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

2 games into an NFL career, I can't take this seriously.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

2 games into an NFL career, I can't take this seriously.

His opinion on Carr is apparently based of 2 quarters

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

eh, Mac is clearly behind held back by McDaniels and his playcalling and the TEs not showing up in the redzone but Carr has been balling thus far. No way I would say Mac is better than him at this point. Jimmy G might be a good discussion though.

Nah. It's really not close if we are talking about talent and what they're being asked to do.