GDT Preseason Week 3 - GOING FOR AN UNDEFEATED PRESEASON

candyman93

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Brownies
    • Dirty Birds
    • Horny

Defensive end is really interesting beyond 1&2. 

Do you keep Gustin, solid but unspectacular? 

Do we keep Takk? Who has mental issues and the most talent of any not drafted no.1 overall. 

What do we do with Weaver who looks average, and Joe Jackson who was meh last year but flashed a little in pre season? 

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Do we keep Takk? Who has mental issues and the most talent of any not drafted no.1 overall. 

What do we do with Weaver who looks average, and Joe Jackson who was meh last year but flashed a little in pre season? 

I think Gustin has probably locked up a roster spot.

As far as the other ends, I wouldn’t be shocked if none of them are on the 53 after final cuts.  Whole lotta JAGs.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Gustin has probably locked up a roster spot.

As far as the other ends, I wouldn’t be shocked if none of them are on the 53 after final cuts.  Whole lotta JAGs.

Yeah, what's going on with Takk? We all know Clowney's injury history, and our depth at DE isn't the greatest.

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I have a feeling we’re going to be saying that a lot. He doesn’t have a frame that will last very long and his only attribute is his speed. 

He’s perhaps not an every down guy, but hopefully we’re not putting him in position to take a lot of hits.

He doesn’t need a lot of touches in the middle of the field, just get deep.

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s perhaps not an every down guy, but hopefully we’re not putting him in position to take a lot of hits.

He doesn’t need a lot of touches in the middle of the field, just get deep.

He’ll get some screens. Which will be the most dangerous. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We pretty much need to dive deep into the cuts for someone who has more juice than the guys we have, there is no one in this DE group that moves me including Weaver. There are a couple of teams who are loaded at DE and can't afford to keep all of the guys or might have a guy available for a trade (Buffalo, Eagles, Panthers)

As far as Takk, i'm sure we have done our homework with his situation, if we werent comfortable with it, we would have waived him. Personally, I think he has a lot of juice coming out of his stance and can really help late in the season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, what's going on with Takk? We all know Clowney's injury history, and our depth at DE isn't the greatest.

I just read on Twatter that Takk came back to the facility today. He took a mental health break from my understanding but he is indeed back practicing and hopefully gets some run in this final preseason game.