GDT Preseason Week 3 - GOING FOR AN UNDEFEATED PRESEASON

candyman93

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Brownies
    • Dirty Birds
    • Horny

My biggest thing I want to see if she DT rotation sort itself out.....Marvin Wilson has been solid but unspectacular, Malik McDowell has been injured, but then played and look like the Damn Bear out of the movie the Revenant LOL...Tomnmy Tongia has not looked like anything but a Jag to me, like one of the Brothers said in another post (forgive if I misquote) Billings looks like the fat kid getting bullied and pushed around at the Ice Cream truck, and Elliot has looked solid, but I was expecting more. I think were set at cb Ward, Greedy, Newsome, Hill and Green....do we keep a 6th CB or 5th safety......LeCount is a player and Moffat looks like he may be maturing....bit hitter.......Sheldrick Redwine I've been wanting to see....

And at WR, Davion Davis vs Khaderal Hodge......winner take all....

How about Parkey going on IR yesterday eh???

50 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

He made some excellent plays in college .

A lot different competition and a lot larger harder hitting defenses. He’s very thin. If he’s already having injury issues without ever stepping onto the field it’s not going to go well for him unless he adds some size. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A lot different competition and a lot larger harder hitting defenses. He’s very thin. If he’s already having injury issues without ever stepping onto the field it’s not going to go well for him unless he adds some size. 

I mean, Marvin Harrison and Issac Bruce held up ok.

Frame size doesn’t indicate much as far as durability.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I have a feeling we’re going to be saying that a lot. He doesn’t have a frame that will last very long and his only attribute is his speed. 

no faith in Devonta Smith? He is even smaller than Schwartz...6' 185 isnt the biggest but surely isnt the smallest. Just sucks he has a soft tissue issue at the moment

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Marvin Harrison and Issac Bruce held up ok.

Frame size doesn’t indicate much as far as durability.

There’s exceptions as in any case but for the most part if you’re smaller in a contact sport you’re more prone to injury. Look at ward. Small frame even for a CB and he’s always hurt. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s exceptions as in any case but for the most part if you’re smaller in a contact sport you’re more prone to injury. Look at ward. Small frame even for a CB and he’s always hurt. 

He’s had soft tissue injuries and a concussion.

Size doesn’t prevent any of that.

Size could help in some ways I suppose, but by and large playing smart is more important than size.

Bruce was regularly criticized for looking for a sideline or hitting the dirt instead of looking to pick up the extra yard, but he was absolutely right.  It’s one thing to try to extend for an extra yard or something on 3rd down and you’re close, but the key part is to not take unnecessary hits.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Size could help in some ways I suppose, but by and large playing smart is more important than size.

Bruce was regularly criticized for looking for a sideline or hitting the dirt instead of looking to pick up the extra yard, but he was absolutely right.  It’s one thing to try to extend for an extra yard or something on 3rd down and you’re close, but the key part is to not take unnecessary hits.

I dont get the extra yard thing for receivers, Kelce goes down and he is going to 1000s more career yards than Gronk, Gronk has had heaps of  injuries because of his physical play. 

I hope odell goes down after the catch if there is nothing there, he doesnt need to seek contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont get the extra yard thing for receivers, Kelce goes down and he is going to 1000s more career yards than Gronk, Gronk has had heaps of  injuries because of his physical play. 

I hope odell goes down after the catch if there is nothing there, he doesnt need to seek contact.

It’s just about picking your spots.  If you can score or pick up a key first down, do what you need to do.  If you already got the first, get down, get out, whatever.

On 8/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, JDD said:

Do you think they would make the some starters play if they have a few bad practices this week? 

I'd bet that we don't see any starters in this game but who knows. 

I doubt we'll see any starters either, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to them playing a series or two. But I definitely get both sides of that argument.

Stefanski is supposed to announce tomorrow if the starters will play, so we'll find out soon enough.