Will Baker Mayfield cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?

WizeGuy

Will Baker cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Baker's the GOAT of beating bad teams for sure.

As opposed to every other QB that racks up W's against bad teams? 

I mean, its pretty common knowledge that most all QBs have a losing record against teams with winning records, right? I remember a few years ago I think Brady and Big Ben were the only 2 QBs in the entire NFL that had a winning record against winning teams. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, its pretty common knowledge that most all QBs have a losing record against teams with winning records, right? I remember a few years ago I think Brady and Big Ben were the only 2 QBs in the entire NFL that had a winning record against winning teams. 

Thank you Matt what's your view of Baker with this start?

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Imagine being drafted #1 overall and taking over a 1-33-1 team, then having a winning record as a starting QB overall, leading your team to a playoff win, and then get bashed for not beating good teams enough.

Don't get me wrong, there's other ammunition that people can/do use on Baker, but that one's hilarious.

• Like 2

Is Baker better than Jimmy G?

Not sure. They're close.

So far this year you have (in no order):

Mahomes

Brady

Rodgers

Allen

Jackson

Wilson

Murray

Stafford

Tannehil

Carr

All definitely better than Baker. Jimmy G and Cousins are around his level. Don't see him cracking the top 10 this year.

• Like 1

my issue with this thread title is that him "cementing" himself as a top 10 QB implicitly implies that he already is basically considered one, but is sort of tenuously considered to be there.

i like Baker, but he's not there. can get there tho, if he's able to really unlock that offense with OBJ

the knock on a lot of QBs is that they only become good in certain situations... good OL, good run game, good weapons, etc. remember all the knocks on Dak, Wilson early on. but Baker basically already has all that, but hasn't been able to take that offense to the next level yet. 

if OBJ is truly healthy, we should see that offense reach new heights if Baker really is a top 10 caliber guy

Edited by Turnobili

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine being drafted #1 overall and taking over a 1-33-1 team, then having a winning record as a starting QB overall, leading your team to a playoff win, and then get bashed for not beating good teams enough.

Don't get me wrong, there's other ammunition that people can/do use on Baker, but that one's hilarious.

Thank you

We face some tough sledding 

That said if we hold MVP voting right now where does Mayfield finish?

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Good QB's typically still play well against good teams, Baker doesn't.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Good QB's typically still play well against good teams, Baker doesn't.

Always or throughout his career? Because the back half of 2020 on, that wasn't the case vs. the Ravens the 2nd time or the Steelers in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Always or throughout his career? Because the back half of 2020 on, that wasn't the case vs. the Ravens the 2nd time or the Steelers in the playoffs.

The Ravens game he went 28/47 in a loss and the Steelers game that they turned the ball over 5 times?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Ravens game he went 28/47 in a loss and the Steelers game that they turned the ball over 5 times?

The omission of 6 TD and 1 INT noted. I'm not sure how 5 turnovers by Pittsburgh has anything to do with Mayfield's 3 TD and 0 INT performance.