Will Baker Mayfield cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?

WizeGuy

Will Baker cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, it's definitely hilarious, but more so because the thread has too many cooks in the kitchen. You have some posters using an argument to support Baker while you have other fans then coming in and using the same argument to denigrate other comparable quarterbacks. If you were to pull back and just evaluate the blanket arguments being made (again, across multiple people so it's not at all cohesive which is the problem), the logistical and linguistic gymnastics taking place are something else. 

It's really just impossible to have the conversation with this many people, tbh. 

All fair. I stand by MY opinions. :) 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Le Sigh. That wasnt much of a fight. 

Back to the ol grind.

The context of my "wait and see approach" was the same "trajectory" argument with Dak as Baker, in that after 3 years in the NFL, they still had a lot of haters/doubters, not that somehow Dak still hasn't proved that he's legit.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The context of my "wait and see approach" was the same "trajectory" argument with Dak as Baker, in that after 3 years in the NFL, they still had a lot of haters/doubters, not that somehow Dak still hasn't proved that he's legit.

Probably franchise stigma for a lot of fans. Talking about both franchises here and the public perception.

Browns QBs are all supposed to be huge flops and Baker doesnt fit the mold.

Cowboys QBs are supposed to be universally hated because of the star, but Dak is a really likable dude. 

Other fans are confused and dont know how to handle the situation. 

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

there isn't anything clear about it.

you got Allen, Dak, Lamar, Tannehill, Carr, Herbert, Kyler etc. 

Is he better than any of those guys?

It’s kind of funny with Allen cause before this season, I absolutely would. However, he has reverted back to his pre-2020 self with crowds back as of now. It might be a meme, but I actually wonder if last season’s greatness was a product of no fans for him.

But yea, easily taking all of those guys over Baker. Feel like the discussion should be Baker Mayfield vs Kirk Cousins if anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Ehhh as a Ravens fan I wish that were the case but I don't see that.

Bears and Vikings next two weeks, and after they play the Chargers they get both the Broncos and Cards (who I see in the same tier as the Browns if not below) at home. 

I think the only "extremely tough" game I see in that 5 game stretch is the Chargers and even that is a bit of a reach.

The Bears will likely have Justin Fields starting this week if I'm not mistaken. Tyrod Taylor was dicing up their defense last week. The Vikings aren't great but they're going to put up offensive production with Cousins and all of their weapons, plus it's a road game. The Chargers are good and that's a road game as well. Then they get a 3 game home stretch against 3 teams that have good defenses and will be pushing for a playoff berth. 

Houston was moving the ball at will against the Browns until Tyrod came out of the game, lol. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears will likely have Justin Fields starting this week if I'm not mistaken. Tyrod Taylor was dicing up their defense last week. The Vikings aren't great but they're going to put up offensive production with Cousins and all of their weapons, plus it's a road game. The Chargers are good and that's a road game as well. Then they get a 3 game home stretch against 3 teams that have good defenses and will be pushing for a playoff berth. 

Houston was moving the ball at will against the Browns until Tyrod came out of the game, lol. 

Jeremiah Johnson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Well you've convinced me otherwise

He's the same dude who said Baker lacked the arm talent to be a top 10 QB. That tells me he's watched very little of Baker.

If Baker ends up not being a top 10 QB, it certainly won't be because his arm talent is holding him back.

48 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He's the same dude who said Baker lacked the arm talent to be a top 10 QB. That tells me he's watched very little of Baker.

If Baker ends up not being a top 10 QB, it certainly won't be because his arm talent is holding him back.

When did I say he lacked arm talent? I said he lacks the ability to make the plays required to win in clutch situations. Did you watch the last 2 Chiefs games?