Will Baker Mayfield cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?

WizeGuy

Will Baker cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It certainly is possible. I know many say he is real because he was better statistically (and eye test) each year. Makes me wonder if Baker's 2nd year was his rookie year and his rookie year was his 2nd if more people would believe he was more than just a middle of the pack QB.

In that scenario Mayfield would have been a good bit better the first two years and Allen a good bit better last year but it was still a good year for both. Career wise Baker leads him in most categories. Allen has the interception percentage (2.2 to 2.9) and rating (89.7-89.6) but otherwise Baker has the better passing numbers while Allen obviously has the better rushing numbers.

I certainly think people would rank them closer in that scenario instead of one being top 4 and the other top 15.

I think the most likely scenario is that Allen has improved a lot, will never revert back to 2018 and 2019 but will also not reach his 2020 heights regularly. Buffalo had a DVOA offense outside the top 20 in his first 2 years and then suddenly 5th last year and Allen was playing on a top 3-5 level. That's hardly a sustainable level of performance for any QB and the circumstances were also unique. But Allen has also very good coaching and a good supporting cast so I would expect him to come in that top 7/8ish level of QB play as the season goes on.

He is top ten. Doesn’t throw as many TD’s as some would expect of a top ten QB, but no one so far has stopped us running them in. 
Why risk a pass when you can run it in. Lot less risk to that. What Baker does do is get the team into the Redzone with great efficiency. How the touch down is scored doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

He is top ten. Doesn’t throw as many TD’s as some would expect of a top ten QB, but no one so far has stopped us running them in. 
Why risk a pass when you can run it in. Lot less risk to that. What Baker does do is get the team into the Redzone with great efficiency. How the touch down is scored doesn’t matter.

Excellent post we put up 30 points a  game while keeping it away from other qbs.

There is a reason are average point spread is more than 15 points a game.