Will Baker Mayfield cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?

WizeGuy

Will Baker cement himself as a top-10 QB this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Miami at least drafted a LT in the 1st last year, and Miami's weapons were pretty brutal, whereas Boyd is a solid WR, Mixon is a good RB, and Higgins had a fantastic rookie season...and Burrow has to face Myles and Watt 2 times a year, not to mention the Ravens and their scheme.

Isn't Jonah Williams supposed to be pretty decent at LT?

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't Jonah Williams supposed to be pretty decent at LT?

He's solid, but has also missed a bit of time. They could have moved him to the right inside or inside to guard, thus upgrading two spots along the OL had they drafted Sewell.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

He's solid, but has also missed a bit of time. They could have moved him to the right inside or inside to guard, thus upgrading two spots along the OL had they drafted Sewell.

Yeah the Bengals have no idea what they're doing. They could've went Sewell in the 1st and Terrence Marshall in the 2nd. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hard to say, he’s been hurt his entire career basically.

One thing I do respect about the Browns,  you guys really haven't cut any corners when it's come to putting the right talent around Baker to give him the best chance to succeed. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

One thing I do respect about the Browns,  you guys really haven't cut any corners when it's come to putting the right talent around Baker to give him the best chance to succeed. 

Unfortunately they did year 2. Baker sucked big time, but their OL was a disaster his first two years. They’ve really revamped everything and built things right since. 👍

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Unfortunately they did year 2. Baker sucked big time, but their OL was a disaster his first two years. They’ve really revamped everything and built things right since. 👍

That's another thing that people often forget about QB's. Essentially every great QB has a great supporting cast around him. Cleveland really went from being arguably the least talented team in football to having a great set of skill position players around him and a line that could protect him. I've given Baker a lot of crap in this thread but he's a good player, I'd just like to see them open up the offense some more. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We've yet to see the Browns have a top 10 scoring offense with Baker despite having an elite running game. 

How many top 10 scoring offenses had new coaching staffs last year? Pretty sure the Browns were the only ones to be top15 with new coaching staff.

was baker suppose to have a top 10 scoring offense his rookie year when he didn’t start until week3 and the HC and OC were fired by week8 because the two couldn’t stop fighting with one another.

would you expect Mahomes, Allen, or Jackson to lead a top10 offense with Hue or Kitchens as the HC? Now I would expect them under Stefanski, so baker should have a top10 scoring offense this year or at Least lead one of the most Efficient offenses in the league. 

also you can’t just assume an elite running back automatically means elite rushing attack. Browns didn’t have an elite rushing attack in ‘17 or ‘18, the offensive coaching staffs had no idea how to use Chubb. Dorsey had to legitimately trade away Carlos Hyde so the Hue/Haley would actually start to use Chubb. ‘18, Kitchen had no idea how to scheme up a rushing attack. Now last year they were an elite rushing attack cause Stefanski knew how to use it and scheme it. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

would you expect Mahomes, Allen, or Jackson to lead a top10 offense with Hue or Kitchens as the HC? Now I would expect them under Stefanski, so baker should have a top10 scoring offense this year or at Least lead one of the most Efficient offenses in the league. 

Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar make plays where they look like Neo in the matrix, those guys are on a different level.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mahomes, Allen, and Lamar make plays where they look like Neo in the matrix, those guys are on a different level.

Hot take:

Josh Allen is showing the Bills and their fans this year cause for concern with that huge payday, and 2020 was an outlier, not the norm.

Hot take:

Josh Allen is showing the Bills and their fans this year cause for concern with that huge payday, and 2020 was an outlier, not the norm.

He plays well without fans. Maybe he should start a petition to bring back 2020.

Hot take:

It certainly is possible. I know many say he is real because he was better statistically (and eye test) each year. Makes me wonder if Baker's 2nd year was his rookie year and his rookie year was his 2nd if more people would believe he was more than just a middle of the pack QB.

In that scenario Mayfield would have been a good bit better the first two years and Allen a good bit better last year but it was still a good year for both. Career wise Baker leads him in most categories. Allen has the interception percentage (2.2 to 2.9) and rating (89.7-89.6) but otherwise Baker has the better passing numbers while Allen obviously has the better rushing numbers.

I certainly think people would rank them closer in that scenario instead of one being top 4 and the other top 15.