Rack's 2022 Mock Draft - Final Edition - Updated

rackcs

21 hours ago, 43M said:

Dont know the players, but very realistic Steelers draft.

Although given how terrible Colbert/Tomlin are at drafting and developing DBs, Id rather go a different direction in round 1.

Wasn't Mike Tomlin a DB coach?

Like the draft and will be following along as you do updates.

Edited by Trojan

@rackcs

Giants are a tough one to figure out.  Honestly, I fully expect Dave to be gone after this season.  

With a new GM brings a new QB.  Unless by some miracle Jones and this offense step up big this year, I just can't see it though.

We're coming into this season with more questions than answers.  

On 9/3/2021 at 9:04 PM, INbengalfan said:

I think the Bengals will go OL in the first, but it will be a RT, not a guard.  If not an OT, then almost assuredly they go CB.  It's been awhile since we went that way, and have preferred paying free agents instead (Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton, last year with M. Alexander).

Whichever they do in the first, they will probably go with the other in round 2.

Yeah, there's no way the Bengals take a guard with a top 10 pick.  But I could see it in 2.

I think the Bengals will go OL in the first, but it will be a RT, not a guard.  If not an OT, then almost assuredly they go CB.  It's been awhile since we went that way, and have preferred paying free agents instead (Awuzie, Waynes, Hilton, last year with M. Alexander).

Whichever they do in the first, they will probably go with the other in round 2.

I think CB will be priority 1 unless the value just isn't there, and even if it isn't they may go for a trade down and still go CB.

Only way they go guard there is if it is a Quentin Nelson no brainer elite level guard.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the Falcons need to go IDL when they have Grady Jarrett and Marlon Davidson already for those roles. Leal isn't a NT and 2-down NTs aren't worth taking that high. They need an EDGE Rusher, but you do give them a solid one in the 2nd. So in the first go CB, WR, Possibly QB depending on what happens with the team this year. But NT that high is way too high.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:46 AM, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Yeah, there's no way the Bengals take a guard with a top 10 pick.  But I could see it in 2.

Green is playing OT for A&M this year actually and if I did writeups I was going to mention his positional versatility as a reason why the Bengals could go for him. And I actually strongly considered CB but ultimately went OL to support Burrow as I think supporting your young QB is the most important thing. I'll certainly keep it in mind for next time though.

On 9/4/2021 at 3:10 AM, 43M said:

Dont know the players, but very realistic Steelers draft.

Although given how terrible Colbert/Tomlin are at drafting and developing DBs, Id rather go a different direction in round 1.

I understand your position on the second part but it's going to be a gaping hole next year if, or more likely, when Joe Haden leaves. Gotta hit on one eventually I guess? 

On 9/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, ny92mike said:

@rackcs

Giants are a tough one to figure out.  Honestly, I fully expect Dave to be gone after this season.  

With a new GM brings a new QB.  Unless by some miracle Jones and this offense step up big this year, I just can't see it though.

We're coming into this season with more questions than answers.  

I do think the Giants are a tough read this year but I feel like they're going to strongly disappoint. I think they could finish more in the 5-10 range but I don't see a high ceiling. And I would've easily gone QB if I thought one was worth it here, but I wasn't really feeling another QB in the top 5 as of right now although obviously dudes rise and fall every year.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks the Falcons need to go IDL when they have Grady Jarrett and Marlon Davidson already for those roles. Leal isn't a NT and 2-down NTs aren't worth taking that high. They need an EDGE Rusher, but you do give them a solid one in the 2nd. So in the first go CB, WR, Possibly QB depending on what happens with the team this year. But NT that high is way too high.

Was Marlon Davidson good last year? I wasn't a huge fan of his coming out. It looks like he's listed as a backup on the Falcons depth chart so idk about him being a reason to avoid a position. And Leal can easily play any position on the DL at a high level. He's a top 5 talent that I have getting taken at 8 here. If Thibodeaux fell I definitely would've had him taken over Leal because I agree EDGE is the bigger need. But the board doesn't always fall to where you can take your number 1 need every time. Maybe a slight reach on like Karlaftis or something but Leal is a dominant dude.

Basically I'm saying the Falcons defense is pretty devoid of talent outside of a few players and should be taking one of the best defensive players available and figuring out how to best utilize that talent.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I understand your position on the second part but it's going to be a gaping hole next year if, or more likely, when Joe Haden leaves. Gotta hit on one eventually I guess? 

Steelers dont typically go into drafts with GAPING holes.  If Haden left next offseason, they would likely sign a decent FA CB next year.   Then it will come down to how guys like Sutton and James Pierre look.   But yes....it will very very likely be a huge need.

Edited by 43M

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Steelers dont typically go into drafts with GAPING holes.  If Haden left next offseason, they would likely sign a decent FA CB next year.   Then it will come down to how guys like Sutton and James Pierre look.   But yes....it will very very likely be a huge need.

This is true, especially with the fat load of cap space they'll have next offseason (at least for now before the Watt and Minkah extensions). I still think it's going to be one of our bigger needs going in to the draft but like you said, a lot depends on Sutton and Pierre.

4 hours ago, rackcs said:

Was Marlon Davidson good last year? I wasn't a huge fan of his coming out. It looks like he's listed as a backup on the Falcons depth chart so idk about him being a reason to avoid a position. And Leal can easily play any position on the DL at a high level. He's a top 5 talent that I have getting taken at 8 here. If Thibodeaux fell I definitely would've had him taken over Leal because I agree EDGE is the bigger need. But the board doesn't always fall to where you can take your number 1 need every time. Maybe a slight reach on like Karlaftis or something but Leal is a dominant dude.

Basically I'm saying the Falcons defense is pretty devoid of talent outside of a few players and should be taking one of the best defensive players available and figuring out how to best utilize that talent.

Davison was very solid last year. He's listed as a backup in the base defense, but will be seeing all of the nickel snaps as a DT. Issue for the Falcons is EDGE, not defensive interior. And if you really are worried about the defense, don't take a guy at 8 who's gonna be a rotational piece for a team that will run a heavy rotation. Give the Falcons a guy who will see 1000 snaps at cornerback. Linebacker is pretty solid for the Falcons. IDL is pretty solid for the Falcons, but EDGE, S and CB have maybe 1 guy at each spot who figures into the long term (Terrell at CB and Grant at S, no one at EDGE).

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Raiders are picking 12th I think we go DT/QB in the first and second in some order. 

I definitely looked in both of those directions but in the first round I didn't think any players at those positions were worth taking in that range. Certainly will keep that in mind going forward.