2022 NFL Draft #1 (Senior Bowl & Combine)

Forge

5 hours ago, Geek said:

So at this point if FA what do we want to do with our first pick?

Edge?

Guard?

BPA?

Edge or BPA. I don't see us taking a OG on Day 2, two years in a row. Edge, safety, CB, then OG is my order of importance at the moment. 

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Edge or BPA. I don't see us taking a OG on Day 2, two years in a row. Edge, safety, CB, the OG is my order of importance at the moment. 

At this point id go edge,safety and OG with our first three picks…..try to anyways.

I really like Velus Jones, Jr. for one of our mid to late round picks for one of the reserve WR spots. We need a few things from those 3 spots: special teams contribution as a gunner or returner, a unique skill for the wide receiver rotation that gives them a niche role, blocking, veteran leadership, the ability to fill in for key contributors and spell them in a pinch, and a couple of others. Jones doesn’t really offer much as a route runner and he probably never will. He’s old and been around multiple strong programs without developing the skill. However, he does have the take the top of the defense speed that we lack, he’s a terrific punt and kick returner, and he’s built a little like Deebo and could perform a Deebo impression in a pinch. He’s a budget Cordarrelle Patterson or Ted Ginn. Having that sort as a fourth or fifth wide receiver on the roster gives a team a bit of a spark that other teams that don’t do much with that roster spot might lack. 

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Edge or BPA. I don't see us taking a OG on Day 2, two years in a row. Edge, safety, CB, the OG is my order of importance at the moment. 

I agree we likely won't go OG in round 2 again, though the irony is that OG would typically be a position that I find would have one of the greatest likelihoods of yielding an immediate starter at the end of round 2. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 9:36 AM, 9erFreak77 said:

At this point id go edge,safety and OG with our first three picks…..try to anyways.

This pretty much where I'm at, but I don't think we go G on Day 2.

I think Day 2, I'd like to come away with at least an EDGE and a Safety. Seems like there could be some good value at C on Day 3 as well. 

Absolutely freaking brutal. 

That's done for the year for sure. He's going way down the draft board. If he was there for our second round pick, I wouldn't be shocked. I mean, that's just a brutal injury. 

• Like 2