Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Put in Lance here to take a shot please! 

I've long felt like Jimmy's biggest supporter, but it's really time to make a change. If this is all Jimmy is going to give us in big games, it's no difference whether or not Lance is ready for the same reasons @Forge gave earlier. Just let him take his licks. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Big downgrade from that blowout for real.

I never predicted a blow out. I predicted a high scoring game though. Lol 

Thought JG had turned the corner last week, but I should have known that after a week where he is super sharp mentally, he shows up next week and is not anywhere close to being locked in 

It's a pattern with him. He has these clunker type games with no rhyme or reason why. 

It's a big reason why we made the move to replace him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Asante Samuel was right there in the 2nd, could have still picked up a guard later. That still frustrates me.

100% true. But we didn't need a starting CB. We expected to have those. We needed a starting RG. Instead, we lost a starting CB and barely even got a backup G. 

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

This is the part that frustrates me. We didn't ignore corner. We drafted a good one late, and missed on the one in the 3rd. Low cap space made a FA hard, and we needed a RG as badly as a CB (though we drafted the wrong one in the 2nd). 

Getting rid of Jimmy's cap is what will be the mistake or not. He needs to step up ASAP.

I guess when I mean ignore it..I know we invested capital, but it seems like it was still populated by glass men. I just wish they had gotten one more steady guy outside. Norman MAY be that guy, or Kirkpatrick, but the timing is so late.

I disagree on Jimmy G, but I could definitely be wrong on that. I think given the injury issues they’ve gone through and lance rewlt not looking fully ready, I get holding onto him. 

• Like 1