GDT Week 2 - vs San Francisco 49ers

Jroc04

Per PFF, Mailata was highest graded OL on the week. 0 pressures surrendered to Bosa.

Also, according to their iTest, Hurts didn’t suck. Had it as his 2nd best start by a mile, graded him same as Kyler this week… He was graded super poorly in 2020 even when he looked good, like vs Saints, not sure what is responsible for the shift. Definitely doing better job of avoiding sacks and protecting ball, just had that 1 throw that could’ve been picked yesterday where he was scrambling right and just couldn’t get enough juice on it. It’s PFF just just another opinion among any, but interesting to see the shift nonetheless.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Per PFF, Mailata was highest graded OL on the week. 0 pressures surrendered to Bosa.

Also, according to their iTest, Hurts didn’t suck. Had it as his 2nd best start by a mile, graded him same as Kyler this week… He was graded super poorly in 2020 even when he looked good, like vs Saints, not sure what is responsible for the shift. Definitely doing better job of avoiding sacks and protecting ball, just had that 1 throw that could’ve been picked yesterday where he was scrambling right and just couldn’t get enough juice on it. It’s PFF just just another opinion among any, but interesting to see the shift nonetheless.

So... according to PFF, who was at fault in our loss?

The key flaws I've noticed that I do want to give Pederson credit for usually being good at (yes, I know). Short yardage and redzone efficiency.

Those two things we definitely seemed to struggle with yesterday.

Jalen Hurts didn't suck last game, but he also didn't look anything close to dynamic and relies on his legs to make plays too much for my taste. We had a significant advantage on the outside with Smith vs Norman and we didn't abuse it at all. I can't blame Hurts completely for that, but it felt like a Wentz game at times. Instead of taking a guy running a route underneath the defense we were just going for home run balls constantly.

I am far from the, "Hurts sucks" team but I am going to need to see better performances throwing the football regularly if I am going to 100% back him. The potential is there, I just need to see it put together.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Around this time is when posters usually start asking for a certain thread to be published. Don’t really want to mention it by name. Nabbs might have to run a counter jinx that might last him all week. I’d do it but for religious reasons, I must not. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Around this time is when posters usually start asking for a certain thread to be published. Don’t really want to mention it by name. Nabbs might have to run a counter jinx that might last him all week. I’d do it but for religious regions, I must not. 

You know PEAK 2012 Eagles FF would not understand this post at all. We have developed our own inside jokes since there's only like 10 of us talking to each other.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, Danger said:

So... according to PFF, who was at fault in our loss?

Offensively? Seems like they're suggesting coaching was at fault + really good defense? Not sure. Only low grades that stick out are RG (Brooks had a bad day and then Dickerson understandably struggled) and then Devonta and Reagor both had sub-60 grades. All the other starters were 66+. Even without the blatant missed opportunities that's still only what, 17 to 20 points? Hardly seemed like a good outing.

I don't know if it was Hurts, WRs, coaching, or all 3, but we failed to do much in passing game when we needed.