ON TO PITTSBURGH! LV@Pitt GDT! (early I know)

Totty

Who ya got?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • Steelers

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Bills rushed for 120 yards, held the Steelers to 252 total yards and 1 offensive TD and still lost. 

Right but the bills don't have an as polished offense as the raiders do. What I mean by that is they don't have a real running game, it's really just Josh Allen to Diggs. That doesn't work against the really good defensive minds. Last year if you noticed whenever a team took away Diggs(if they could do it) Josh Allen starts looking lost. people forget that before last year when Diggs, join the team Josh Allen completed around 50% of his passes. 

30 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right but the bills don't have an as polished offense as the raiders do. What I mean by that is they don't have a real running game, it's really just Josh Allen to Diggs. That doesn't work against the really good defensive minds. Last year if you noticed whenever a team took away Diggs(if they could do it) Josh Allen starts looking lost. people forget that before last year when Diggs, join the team Josh Allen completed around 50% of his passes. 

The Bills were #2 in both yards per game and points per game last season. The Bills don't have a workhorse back but they averaged 108 rushing yards per game last year, we averaged 119. Cole Beasley was almost a 1,000 yard WR last year and Gabriel Davis had 600 yards/7 TD. Not to mention they also added Emmanuel Sanders this off-season who had a solid year for the Saints. 

The Steelers defense is elite, they didn't allow 30+ in a single game last year and held opponents under 24 points in 9/16 games. They were third in both points allowed/yards allowed and second in takeaways. Watt, Alula, Hayward, and Ingram is a very good defensive front that can generate pressure without having to send extra guys on blitzes. 

Outlook on the game for me: 

• The Steelers offense looked sluggish last week. Big Ben looks washed and their OL wasn't able to get going in the running game. But they still have 3 very good WR in JuJu, DJ, and Claypool. Establishing our pass rush early and often will be a major key to winning the game. 

• The Steelers pass rush is one of the best in the league and they'll definitely come after Carr a lot this week. They were able to shut down the Bills passing game, particularly deep, and I'm sure Waller will see a ton of double teams this week. 

• Neither team was really able to run the ball last week and both teams gave up over 100 yards rushing but a good portion of that was to the opposing quarterback. 

With the inexperience on the OL for both teams I could see this being pretty similar to the Cowboys/Bucs game where neither team could get the run game going early so it just became a passing battle. I think the biggest keys to who wins the game are: 1) Which team protects their QB better & 2) Which team takes care of the ball better. If we can keep Carr clean and force Big Ben into a couple of turnovers I think we have a chance. 

Something else to note, in week 1 Big Bens average depth of target was 5.9 yards down the field. 11/18 completions were within 5 yards and they didn't really take any deep shots. Pretty similar to what they did last season with a ton of short passes as their primary offensive strategy. We'll need our DB's and LB's to have a strong game tackling and not allowing YAC. 

• Like 1

time to go get some respect, seems like the rest of the league aint giving us any credit, and treating the Ravens game like a fluke. We need to come into this game focused and ready to go. Pitt is formidable, but it will be good on good, our offense vs their defense, I believe we can put up points on anyone and will come down to not giving up big plays on defense. If we can apply the same type of pressure we did vs another suspect OL, i think we can win by two scores. We were in Lamars back pocket all night, but he was able to avoid a ton of sacks, we wont have that problem vs Big Ben. Im looking at Maxx to have another big game and being the difference. 

27-17 Raiders

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Outlook on the game for me: 

• The Steelers offense looked sluggish last week. Big Ben looks washed and their OL wasn't able to get going in the running game. But they still have 3 very good WR in JuJu, DJ, and Claypool. Establishing our pass rush early and often will be a major key to winning the game. 

• The Steelers pass rush is one of the best in the league and they'll definitely come after Carr a lot this week. They were able to shut down the Bills passing game, particularly deep, and I'm sure Waller will see a ton of double teams this week. 

• Neither team was really able to run the ball last week and both teams gave up over 100 yards rushing but a good portion of that was to the opposing quarterback. 

With the inexperience on the OL for both teams I could see this being pretty similar to the Cowboys/Bucs game where neither team could get the run game going early so it just became a passing battle. I think the biggest keys to who wins the game are: 1) Which team protects their QB better & 2) Which team takes care of the ball better. If we can keep Carr clean and force Big Ben into a couple of turnovers I think we have a chance. 

In my opinion the biggest key to victory is if Carr can get the WRS in the game early.

• Like 1