EDGE rushers

lark25

48 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

If you gain 6 pounds from that I pray for you

I lost more than 6 lbs last week just from Montezuma's Revenge, so I don't see why a guy way bigger than me couldn't gain 6 for the opposite reason.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

If Malik Willis lasts to pick 20, I'll eat my hat.  And I actually own one now, so this is a higher stakes take than last year with Jayson Oweh.

• Like 4

On 4/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, Daniel said:

I lost more than 6 lbs last week just from Montezuma's Revenge, so I don't see why a guy way bigger than me couldn't gain 6 for the opposite reason.

If Malik Willis lasts to pick 20, I'll eat my hat.  And I actually own one now, so this is a higher stakes take than last year with Jayson Oweh.

I think New Orleans will take him.  I don't think they have the intention of walking away from this year's draft with him, but I think they'd take the opportunity to pick him.

Idk who’s going to go first tomorrow, but Kayvon Thibodeaux is the best player in the draft

I won’t be mad at Hutch, but it shouldn’t be Walker. Walker isn’t Kayvon. He’s got the numbers but he doesn’t have that twitch off the edge. KayVon got that Aldon Smith Robert Quinn to him. 

This edge class is gonna be legendary. 

Passing on Kayvon may be paying on the next Micah Parsons. 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, brownie man said:

I’m still not buying into the Walker at 1.  

Why? His tape is fantastic, he plays very hard, does all of the little things well, and has the athletic upside of a GOAT-level prospect. He doesn’t have flashy numbers, but if you watch his tape, he would grade out extremely high, as he executed his role within the scheme very well. He wasn’t out there to grab flashy sack numbers and go into business for himself. He was awesome at holding the point and still being able to make splash plays due to his freakish athleticism.

Plus, he fits what Jacksonville needs. A dude that can play all over that defensive front from a 9 to 7 to 6i to 5 to 3 tech. He has elite versatility and an endless ceiling.

Hutch and KT are rock solid, but they can’t do the things Walker does. And I hate the narrative that Walker is raw. He’s very refined, actually. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Plus, he fits what Jacksonville needs. A dude that can play all over that defensive front from a 9 to 7 to 6i to 5 to 3 tech. He has elite versatility and an endless ceiling.

Ehh, you're def Saul Goodman, this is a good sell. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Kollman had a nice quick breakdown on Travon in this video above imo.

Yeah pretty much. Walker was a star against the run and excelled in jumping multiple gaps on stunt/angle pressures. I saw him jump from a 7-tech into the A-gap in 2 steps, pulling 3 OL with him, resulting in a Nakobe Dean sack. The things you can do with Travon are not the things you can do with Hutch or KT. Not that they’re bad prospects by any stretch, but if you’re looking for versatility and a chess piece you can realistically play at any DL spot in any scheme, Travon is the easy pick.

Is Jacksonville still running a 3-4? Because then it makes perfect sense to me why they would want Walker, who can play 5-Tech in that base front. Hutch and Thibs seem like better fits in a 4-3 base front.

20 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah pretty much. Walker was a star against the run and excelled in jumping multiple gaps on stunt/angle pressures. I saw him jump from a 7-tech into the A-gap in 2 steps, pulling 3 OL with him, resulting in a Nakobe Dean sack. The things you can do with Travon are not the things you can do with Hutch or KT. Not that they’re bad prospects by any stretch, but if you’re looking for versatility and a chess piece you can realistically play at any DL spot in any scheme, Travon is the easy pick.

Is Jacksonville still running a 3-4? Because then it makes perfect sense to me why they would want Walker, who can play 5-Tech in that base front. Hutch and Thibs seem like better fits in a 4-3 base front.

3-4 front is the plan, yes, although they’ve continued down the path of saying “wait and see what happens with the talent brought in and fit it around what we have.” Caldwell has worked under Bowles since his Arizona days. So as Kollman says, I’m sure it’ll have a similar look and feel.

Even though I like Hutch as well, even I had questions how it’d work with Allen opposite him/Hutch standing up and in space.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Hutch and KT are rock solid, but they can’t do the things Walker does. And I hate the narrative that Walker is raw. He’s very refined, actually. 

If Walker is "very refined," the guy shouldn't go first round. Of course, he's not very refined, which is why he'll go highly. He's a very raw pass rusher. 

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

People say things like this every year, and I never understand it. If you're athletic and can rush the QB, you fit just fine in a 3-4. Both Hutch and Thibs are more than athletic enough to thrive in a 3-4. If you have a DC who's often dropping gifted edge rushers into coverage, your DC is an idiot.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If Walker is "very refined," the guy shouldn't go first round. Of course, he's not very refined, which is why he'll go highly. He's a very raw pass rusher. 

He’s very refined as a run defender. Very disciplined. He needs to develop a better plan as a pass rusher, but he has a swim, rip, bull rush, and push-pull. He has been effective dropping into zones. He has the skills, but they need sharpened. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

People say things like this every year, and I never understand it. If you're athletic and can rush the QB, you fit just fine in a 3-4. Both Hutch and Thibs are more than athletic enough to thrive in a 3-4. If you have a DC who's often dropping gifted edge rushers into coverage, your DC is an idiot.

Yeah, but if I’m Jacksonville, I already have a lot of real edge guys on the roster. Allen, Chaisson, and Smoot can all play. None of those guys are able to condense down to a 3-Tech. I think in terms of body type, Walker makes the most sense as someone that can create interior havoc for them. That is something they don’t really have. I think it makes sense for them to lean in that direction if the grades are close.