EDGE rushers

lark25

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Easily.

Hard pass. To be hall of fame, you need to be one of THE most dominant players at your position over a period of a decade or so. To be a hall of fame interior defensive lineman, Cam Heyward will be competing with Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox, Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan and Gerald McCoy.

Watt and Donald are first ballot locks but after that, none of the others really stand out as being significantly better than the next group (including Heyward), so it probably follows that none of them are hall of famers. 

Just now, paul-mac said:

Hard pass. To be hall of fame, you need to be one of THE most dominant players at your position over a period of a decade or so. To be a hall of fame interior defensive lineman, Cam Heyward will be competing with Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox, Calais Campbell, Cameron Jordan and Gerald McCoy.

Watt and Donald are first ballot locks but after that, none of the others really stand out as being significantly better than the next group (including Heyward), so it probably follows that none of them are hall of famers. 

Agree on Donald and Watt.  I think Cam Jordan gets in.  No on Atkins and McCoy.  Suh will have a hard time.  Maybe Cox and Calais.

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hutchinson loses a lot on 'weight' but surely his relatively lighter weight is what makes both his elite composite agility grade scores possible?

Definitely helps/plays a role I would imagine, yes.

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wasn't Cam Heyward like 290-300 pounds on Ohio State.  Travon Walker has never been that large and with how athletic he is it would be foolish to put on weight, but sure he could play 3/4 DE at 275 and do just fine he did it at Georgia.  Jaguars want him as a edge guy opposite Josh Allen I assume.

Still seems nuts, because if Evan Neal worked out and did all the drills and did well he would be the #1 overall pick.  And Jawaan Taylor still sucks but maybe they like Walker Little will take his place or put Little at LT and move Robinson to RT.  

He played both End and 3 tech at OSU, he was between 285 - 290. I actually like the idea of Cam Heyward as a comp, that is pretty fair, he is a more athletic version of him. Maybe a cross between Heyward and Clowney

Edited by MSURacerDT55

42 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Hutchinson loses a lot on 'weight' but surely his relatively lighter weight is what makes both his elite composite agility grade scores possible?

Guarantee he is still busting an over 9.6 RAS with which his technical abilities I’ll take all day

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Rumors are the Chiefs really like Boye Mafe. I am not crazy about the idea of an older prospect that still needs quite a bit of fundamentals and technique development. 

Chiefs going Edge/WR is about the best case scenario for the Bengals with those two picks right before them.