Josh Sweat extended for 3 years

TheRealMcCoy

23 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

No.

After his drunk on power state went away he's been awesome again. He deserves 2 years minimum to see most of this through before bringing up the GM position.Great FAs and Draft now locking up the right pieces. He learned his lesson

He’s hasn’t been awesome. And after doing the same thing at least twice I don’t think he will ever learn his lesson. He’s mastered self preservation for sure. 

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Barnett doesn't make enough positively impactful plays to merit the dumb penalties. And now with BG's future up in the air, it's hard to be certain of Barnetts future.

Let's hope Hurts looks good enough that we don't need to draft/trade for a QB and we can use one of our high picks on another DE because why tf not?

4 hours ago, oland11 said:

Let's hope Hurts looks good enough that we don't need to draft/trade for a QB and we can use one of our high picks on another DE because why tf not?

Would be great, could bolster the defense with at least 3 of the 4 top 60 picks we’ll have.

Edge/Safety/Corner? and either double dip one of the db spots , actually take a LB.

Or I could see them go for like a WR in the 2nd. Need someone else who can either go up and get a catch or get open consistently. Drafting a taller guy who can play inside and out, block would make the offense a lot better. Lets Quez be the stretcher, Reagor the open space/slot player (ironic) and Smith to be that high volume #1 guy. The Niners really covered Smith up and the other WRs didn’t step up, particularly Ward and JJAW.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Would be great, could bolster the defense with at least 3 of the 4 top 60 picks we’ll have.

Edge/Safety/Corner? and either double dip one of the db spots , actually take a LB.

Or I could see them go for like a WR in the 2nd. Need someone else who can either go up and get a catch or get open consistently. Drafting a taller guy who can play inside and out, block would make the offense a lot better. Lets Quez be the stretcher, Reagor the open space/slot player (ironic) and Smith to be that high volume #1 guy. The Niners really covered Smith up and the other WRs didn’t step up, particularly Ward and JJAW.

To Ward and JJAW's credit, they didn't get many plays where they were actually receivers. I am surprised Sirianni hasn't tried to see if JJAW can actually do those jump ball catches. There is no way they kept JJAW on the roster solely because he was leagues better than Fulgham and Hightower at run blocking. 

1 hour ago, oland11 said:

To Ward and JJAW's credit, they didn't get many plays where they were actually receivers. I am surprised Sirianni hasn't tried to see if JJAW can actually do those jump ball catches. There is no way they kept JJAW on the roster solely because he was leagues better than Fulgham and Hightower at run blocking. 

That and Special Teams are why he is on the roster. There isn't really any other reason and I doubt he gets many opportunities to do anything more. If we need jump balls/contested catches we have two stud TE's to do it.

2 hours ago, oland11 said:

There was that stat that went out, I believe they are both in the top of the league for routes run without a target. Like utility player’s are great but they need to be more useful to help out everyone else. Ward, or a person in Ward’s spot should be doing something with the coverage they other guys are getting.