RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The stinky water creatures
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leatherwood had some nice run blocking IIRC in the second half. James doesn't really have any redeeming qualities. He's just too weak.

Incredibly weak. You'd expect that if he was a rookie, but he's been in the program for 3 years and is 24. I don't see any upside with him. 

Yep, put me in the “hated that conservative play calling” boat. Waaaay too predictable, we were getting negative push ALL GAME up the middle, left us in 3rd and long(again a very predictable and defendable situation, not to mention taking more time which could get car killed!) I agree with darbsk, a “simple” play action would have been way more effective. Hell , even grudens ol “spider 2y banana “ might’ve been an effective play call. Especially if you give a quick look wallers way first (very quick mind you.lol)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Incredibly weak. You'd expect that if he was a rookie, but he's been in the program for 3 years and is 24. I don't see any upside with him. 

Yep, so far. No bueno. With a capital “NO BUENO!!!” some will prolly say it’s too early but I don’t give a hoot. I’d have Martin in next week. Before James gets carr killed by either getting pancaked or by snapping the ball over his head and he gets mashed during the chasing the ball down part. SMH x2

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not to mention James clearly isn't great recognizing things pre-snap. Miami's blitzes were rarely picked up. 

He's a backup caliber player posing as a starter. They need to have him on a short leash. 

I heard he's going to be doubtful due to a sore ***, hurt pride and embarrassment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I thought James would be fine.  I knew there would be a drop off from Hudson, but not this much.  I was wrong, he's not even close to fine.

I was thinking earlier about the conversation between Gruden and Mayock when they "released" Hudson only to get a lot of negative press for it being a confusing move and then trade him, like all that? Fine, Hudson asked to be let go. I can see some value to granting someone that had been so good and steady for us that towards the end of his career. But imagine the conversation between Mayock and Gruden after the trade was done. 

Mayock - " So now that we got killed for moving on from Hudson and opening up yet another hole on the OL how do you think we should proceed? Are you high on any potential free agents or perhaps someone you think could be worth the asking price in a trade?"

Gruden - "I can't believe people are questioning why I would release or actually trade for a third round pick for our long term, most reliable, pro bowl caliber center. Just because we already have holes/question marks at LG and RT already."

Mayock - "Ok Jon but that doesn't matter. We made the move. What people say or think doesn't matter, now it's about finding a way to lessen the blow of losing Rodney."

Gruden - "You know what, I want you to give Andre James an extension right now. Surely that will convince everyone this was a well thought out process that I planned."

Mayock - "But haven't you and all the coaches said he's awful in practice, like can't even get the snap on target consistently, and is a net negative in both run and pass protection, while also being undersized and has absolutely zero significant NFL experience or starting experience at C at even the college level?"

Gruden - "Yeah... But he's the only guy we currently have on the roster. And I can't think of any other way to convince people this was something we planned and not threw together at the last moment."

Mayock - "But... That isn't what should matter. If he's bad it will just hurt the team and we will be paying him more than required to do so. Can we at least wait until he plays a few games as the starter like Waller?"

Gruden - "Mike, are you going to give him the extension like I asked or do I need to remind you who has final say?"

Mayock - "I'll call his agent and work something out."

Agent after getting the call from Mayock - "Bahahahahahahahaha, ok well shoot me an offer."

Mayock - "Gruden says I am allowed to go all the way up to making him around the 17th highest paid center in terms of average per year. But we'll play hard ball and only offer a 2 year extension."

Agent - "I will advise my scrub of a client to take that money and run like his behind is on fire."

Mayock - "Why did I leave NFL network?"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, put me in the “hated that conservative play calling” boat. Waaaay too predictable, we were getting negative push ALL GAME up the middle, left us in 3rd and long(again a very predictable and defendable situation, not to mention taking more time which could get car killed!) I agree with darbsk, a “simple” play action would have been way more effective. Hell , even grudens ol “spider 2y banana “ might’ve been an effective play call. Especially if you give a quick look wallers way first (very quick mind you.lol)

I think Carr’s ankle from the week before played a part also with the no qb sneaks and iirc Carr rarely left the pocket to run unless it was backwards to save his life

James faced some very aggressive defenses early on. Let’s see how he does with these game coming up who won’t be so aggressive as the Ravens, Steelers and Dolphins are. I don’t think the Raiders would pull the plug on him this year anyways so have to see some improvements at some point 

• Like 1