Week 3 Leadup: 49ers on SNF

FAH1223

I would be beyond surprised to see  Runyan at RT.  I also don't believe Nijman would be any worse than Turner at LT.  This O-Line isn't as interchangeable when the bullets are live as some have been led to believe.  Oh it's always the goal but reality bites.

It's going to be Kelly and Turner at tackles, left or right, right or left, if Nijman simply isn't yet reliable.  Hopefully we can leave Turner at RT and either Kelly or Nijman can man LT.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I would be beyond surprised to see  Runyan at RT.  I also don't believe Nijman would be any worse than Turner at LT.  This O-Line isn't as interchangeable when the bullets are live as some have been led to believe.  Oh it's always the goal but reality bites.

It's going to be Kelly and Turner at tackles, left or right, right or left, if Nijman simply isn't yet reliable.  Hopefully we can leave Turner at RT and either Kelly or Nijman can man LT.

Yeah, the versatility of Jenkins is negated when he is the player you are replacing

56 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Give me Nijman-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Turner

I could live with this or Turner-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Kelly. Actually prefer the latter because Kelly is battle-tested, Nijman has never played ina real game before, much less against a top pass rusher like Bosa.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I could live with this or Turner-Runyan-Myers-Newman-Kelly. Actually prefer the latter because Kelly is battle-tested, Nijman has never played ina real game before, much less against a top pass rusher like Bosa.

We know that Turner works fine at RT and that he struggles at LT. We do not know how the substitute (Nijman/Kelly) is gonna perform, so I'd touch as few pieces as possible.

6 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

We know that Turner works fine at RT and that he struggles at LT. We do not know how the substitute (Nijman/Kelly) is gonna perform, so I'd touch as few pieces as possible.

That's fair but tbh, Turner was pretty much fine at LT last year until the NFCCG. Using Kelly requires moving more pieces but Nijman could legitimately get Rodgers killed if he's not ready for the show. 

Edited by packfanfb

Regardless of who plays on the OL, am I the only one who thinks that won't impact the game much, if at all? If the Packers lose it'll be because our defense plays Packer defense and gets a new record set on it by Jimmy G and the gang. If our defense looks like a real NFL defense, I think we'll win.

8 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Jones eclipsed 100 rushing yards a whopping **3** times last season. Cherry picking lmao it was the most important game of the season and I saw what I have always seen out of RB's like Jones. Which is what we will see more of. Unreliability against dominant defenses. 

5.5 ypc, 1100 yards on 200 attempts, 47 receptions in 2020, 5.1 for his career.

Pretending its about unreliability is misreading the facts. the team got punched in the mouth twice against tampa. Jones is a matchup problem for most teams but thats a formidable defensive front.

Week 1 Kamara: 12 carries, 16 yds, 1.6 avg, td

Week 2 CMC: 18 carries 59 yds, 3.3 avg, 2tds

Week 7 Jacobs: 10 carries 17 yds, 1.7 avg

Week 8 Kamara: 9 carries 40 yds, 4.4 avg, td

Week 13 Cook: 22 carries 102 yds, 4.6 avg, td

Playoffs Kamara: 18 carries 85 yds, 4.7 avg 

this is them against the top RBs they faced other than jones, so is dalvin cook the good one out of the bunch? hes the only one that eclipsed 100 yards against them.

Edited by ifeelasleep