Bears to start Justin Fields again vs. Lions

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Forge said:

How does he call one roll out in the first half and less than one third of his dropbacks playaction? 

Because he only ran the ball 3 times in the 2nd half, one of which was a direct snap. It doesn't make sense to do playaction when they don't believe you'll run.

The genius of the Nagy.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

After today, Nagy needs to go. That offensive system and line are a complete disaster, and it’s unsalvagable. 

Nagy has no system. He didn't use TEs like PHI did with Pederson, didn't require speed like KC does. Now he has speed and refuses to pressure deep. Literally just focuses on outs, curls, and ins. But if we need a 3 yard curl, only KC can match how fast we can run them.

He asked his 5 OL to go against the Browns 4 passrushers and win. It was a ridiculous notion. How many people on this forum would believe they could do that? If there was 3 non-troll answers for yes I'd be shocked.

This is why I was saying he and Pace needed to go. I wanted to give Pace another chance because he finally went after a QB and OT, but Nagy does nothing well. I'd rather give playcalling to Lazor (again, since he outperformed Nagy as a playcaller last year) or Flip (who would be better. Even with Manziel, McCown, and Davis he never did this bad). My only hope is the locker room turns on him hard enough he gets fired midseason. I'm fine with Pace staying until the end of the season since Sweaty Teddy is an accountant and not a football guy. He can get fired at the end of the season.

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I was dead on. So easy to see coming too. And people are of course blaming anything but the fact that he's just not ready

There isn't a QB in the NFL that would have done well in his place. Better? Sure. Rodgers, Mahomes, etc could have made a few of the throws he missed on, but no one would have been able to win that game. After halftime we were down by one score and Nagy scraps the run and panics, then continues to do zero protection. He's had some bad games but that was the absolute worst game Nagy has ever called.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

How does he call one roll out in the first half and less than one third of his dropbacks playaction? 

Im not sure any of it would have mattered much. The Bears OL was getting absolutely annihilated on nearly every snap--and Im not exaggerating the 'every snap' thing.

Fields had about 2 seconds to read/throw before having Garrett/Clowney/DTs all over him. It was almost like every snap there was a free rusher. Nagy is to blame a ton for the gameplan and preparation, but the OL needed to actually show up and look better than a D2 college team.

• Like 1