Bears to start Justin Fields again vs. Lions

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Because he only ran the ball 3 times in the 2nd half, one of which was a direct snap. It doesn't make sense to do playaction when they don't believe you'll run.

The genius of the Nagy.

Nagy has no system. He didn't use TEs like PHI did with Pederson, didn't require speed like KC does. Now he has speed and refuses to pressure deep. Literally just focuses on outs, curls, and ins. But if we need a 3 yard curl, only KC can match how fast we can run them.

He asked his 5 OL to go against the Browns 4 passrushers and win. It was a ridiculous notion. How many people on this forum would believe they could do that? If there was 3 non-troll answers for yes I'd be shocked.

This is why I was saying he and Pace needed to go. I wanted to give Pace another chance because he finally went after a QB and OT, but Nagy does nothing well. I'd rather give playcalling to Lazor (again, since he outperformed Nagy as a playcaller last year) or Flip (who would be better. Even with Manziel, McCown, and Davis he never did this bad). My only hope is the locker room turns on him hard enough he gets fired midseason. I'm fine with Pace staying until the end of the season since Sweaty Teddy is an accountant and not a football guy. He can get fired at the end of the season.

There isn't a QB in the NFL that would have done well in his place. Better? Sure. Rodgers, Mahomes, etc could have made a few of the throws he missed on, but no one would have been able to win that game. After halftime we were down by one score and Nagy scraps the run and panics, then continues to do zero protection. He's had some bad games but that was the absolute worst game Nagy has ever called.

I agree, but that is just more confirmation that fans and media need to stfu about this situation. Dalton was hurt, so obviously this was their only option.

But the fans and media clamoring for Fields to start since day one? Stop.

Whether it's him or the supporting cast, their goal should be to not play him this year. As an OSU fan that watched every snap he played, IMO he's going to be a bust. Rooting for him though, and his best shot is having a great supporting cast, which the Bears aren't close to having right now. I'd start Foles or Dalton the rest of this year.

Of course one issue here is they have little talent and gave up next year's first round pick, making this an even tougher hill to climb. But maybe they can go HAM in FA

4 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I agree, but that is just more confirmation that fans and media need to stfu about this situation. Dalton was hurt, so obviously this was their only option.

But the fans and media clamoring for Fields to start since day one? Stop.

Whether it's him or the supporting cast, their goal should be to not play him this year. As an OSU fan that watched every snap he played, IMO he's going to be a bust. Rooting for him though, and his best shot is having a great supporting cast, which the Bears aren't close to having right now. I'd start Foles or Dalton the rest of this year.

Of course one issue here is they have little talent and gave up next year's first round pick, making this an even tougher hill to climb. But maybe they can go HAM in FA

My view is that Nagy ruined Trubisky and will do the same to Fields. He cant adapt in game let alone a whole (lack of a) system. Tru regressed every year he was here. Fields will do the same. Id rather see Fields have a crappy rookie year than have a few good games late as Nagy's endorsement for an extension. This is even more of an exposure of Nagy than I had hoped. 

I have a ton of faith in Fields but he meeds actual talent around and scheming,Nagy cant utilize talent and dumbs down the offense. Get rid of him and Fields will at least have a chance. 

1 hour ago, BrownLeader said:

Browns defense isn't actually all that good. Bears and Fields were just that bad.

Defense as a whole isn't the best but the DL is damn good. Those 4 were what wrecked the offense . 

Garrett - McDowell - Jackson - Clowney

Vs

Peters - Whitehair - Mustipher - Daniels - Ifedi

You get 50 reps of passrush sets, how many do you bet Chicago's OL wins? Does anyone pick higher than 10? Thats my max. Nagy didnt think they would lose 10. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, incognito_man said:

I feel like Justin Fields is going to be good. And this feeling displeases me.

Well...you had quite the "wrong.... but comforting" weekend didn't you ? Not only on the Justin Fields prognostication, but for the Packers game as well. (oof)

As a consolation for your tough weekend of football wrongness, here's one from Damn Interesting that I thought you might enjoy -  and its a lot more interesting than  discussing the bears next failure at developing an NFL QB.

https://www.damninteresting.com/on-the-origin-of-circuits/

"...And no one had the foggiest notion how it worked."

Today, researchers are just beginning to explore the real-world potential of evolving circuitry. Engineers are experimenting with rudimentary adaptive hardware systems which marry evolvable chips to conventional equipment. Such hybrids quickly adapt to new demands by constantly evolving and adjusting their control code.
The space exploration industry is intrigued by the technology⁠— an evolving system could dynamically reprogram itself to avoid any circuits damaged by radiation, reducing the need for heavy shielding and redundant systems.

• Like 1