Bears to start Justin Fields again vs. Lions

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I feel like Justin Fields is going to be good. And this feeling displeases me.

You can console yourself with the fact that you're frequently wrong - and those are just the ones you know about already.
There's a myriad of things you're wrong about right now... but your wrongness has yet to be revealed.

Isn't that comforting ?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

You can console yourself with the fact that you're frequently wrong - and those are just the ones you know about already.
There's a myriad of things you're wrong about right now... but your wrongness has yet to be revealed.

Isn't that comforting ?

i used to think he would be bad, maybe i was wrong then :(

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, iknowcool said:

I think if Fields balls out, it would be really difficult to revert back to Dalton.  So really, if Fields wants the starting job, Sunday is his day.

For a reasonable coach and a functional organization, yeah it would be basically impossible for them to go back to Dalton if Fields has a good game.

Nagy isn't reasonable. And the Bears are dysfunctional. 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:39 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This seems like setting up Fields to fail so Nagy can ride with Dalton the rest of the year while pointing to this game, against arguably the best pass rush in the NFL, and using that as an excuse.

I don't think so. They certainly don't want Fields to fail, for one thing. That all would also denote a complexity of thought that I don't think Nagy is capable of. 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just feel like Nagy wants every excuse not to play Fields.

Well, sure, that much at least is true. The other day, Nagy admitted that Fields is further along (at this point) than the coaching staff anticipated. But he didn't even bother to explain what that meant...or why Fields isn't starting now regardless of Dalton's status. 

On 9/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, malak1 said:

Fields will not relinquish the starting role for the next decade barring injury. 

I wish you were right about that @malak1. I really do. But I don't think you are...

On 9/22/2021 at 2:51 PM, CBears019 said:

I think Nagy was hoping to use Fields as a lifeline to keep his job if the bears start stacking Losses.  If the Bears are, say, 2-9 at one point, he then switches to Fields and leans on The hope for the future to convince the Bears to give him another year as HC.  

Yeah, we've been batting that notion around back home in the Bears forum. My version of that is a little rosier than what you posted there, but it's still the same general idea.

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Hopefully Fields balls out, but doesn't try hero ball (IE - slides rather than tries to run over or around people). He absolutely has the talent but Nagy isn't even the best playcaller on the team, I'd actually say he's the 3rd best. For all the talk of him setting up and entire offense around Fields I'd expect little more than a few moving pockets and RPOs to be peppered in.

Hopefully Fields knows the offense well enough that he can overcome Nagy's playcalling--although I do have to admit Nagy hasn't been as bad as I expected, in that regard. 

• Like 1

I dont really know what to think of this game. The Browns are pretty banged up.....Fields was clearly the #2 QB coming out of the draft even though Mac Jones looks good and Trey Lance is developmental.

He's a rookie so this has a chance to be Russell Wilson like performance, or a "I dont know what im doing" type performance