Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

I think it’s both that he has no weapons and also looks below par. Inaccurate throws, showing poor awareness. 

Bill is the ‘young QB meat grinder though’, and I haven’t seen much more of him. I’m sure he’ll come good 

Hard to tell what he's looking at without the all-22 but I've seen some examples of the Jaguars running some absolutely horrendous-looking plays with nonsensical receiver spacing, sloppy routes, etc. If that's a common occurrence, then it's hard to pin much of it on Lawrence. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Hard to tell what he's looking at without the all-22 but I've seen some examples of the Jaguars running some absolutely horrendous-looking plays with nonsensical receiver spacing, sloppy routes, etc. If that's a common occurrence, then it's hard to pin much of it on Lawrence. 

I mean his team just got torn up by another rookie who was mostly passing to UDFA's. Wilson who is also on a **** situation has looked much better recently. Mills is also on a bad team and looked better. 

Lawrence always looks like there's an interception in the wings because the game is two fast for him. It's obvious. It can be fixed, but he is not a positive for his team right now on a team where any positives would stand out. 

Tjhat's always been the problem with the thread. It's not one side totally ignoring that Lawrence has a bad cast. It's one side knows he has a bad cast and also see's real problems with him a long with that. Then the otherside thinks he's beyond criticism becauseof his cast. No he has a bad cast and he's also playing bad. People said the same thing about Darnold the last couple years. Turns out... no alot of it was him. 

It's too early to write him off, but he's still playing bad given what he was projected to be even given the situation. He can turn it around, but he's not instantly become better just by a more competent situation around him. There's a lot himself he has to work on. Right now Jones, Mills, Wilson and Fields are clearly ahead of him in just the basics and have shown some measure of improvement that Lawrence has not. Lance who isn't really playing and was always supposed to be viewed as a project who would need time is the only guy who is debateable with him. And by comparison, Lawrence was supposed to be a generational NFL ready QB in the mold of Manning or Luck. So there is absolutely cause for concern right now. 

It's lazy to just say "well the team is bad"

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I mean his team just got torn up by another rookie who was mostly passing to UDFA's. Wilson who is also on a **** situation has looked much better recently. Mills is also on a bad team and looked better. 

Lawrence always looks like there's an interception in the wings because the game is two fast for him. It's obvious. It can be fixed, but he is not a positive for his team right now on a team where any positives would stand out. 

Tjhat's always been the problem with the thread. It's not one side totally ignoring that Lawrence has a bad cast. It's one side knows he has a bad cast and also see's real problems with him a long with that. Then the otherside thinks he's beyond criticism becauseof his cast. No he has a bad cast and he's also playing bad. People said the same thing about Darnold the last couple years. Turns out... no alot of it was him. 

It's too early to write him off, but he's still playing bad given what he was projected to be even given the situation. He can turn it around, but he's not instantly become better just by a more competent situation around him. There's a lot himself he has to work on. Right now Jones, Mills, Wilson and Fields are clearly ahead of him in just the basics and have shown some measure of improvement that Lawrence has not. Lance who isn't really playing and was always supposed to be viewed as a project who would need time is the only guy who is debateable with him. And by comparison, Lawrence was supposed to be a generational NFL ready QB in the mold of Manning or Luck. So there is absolutely cause for concern right now. 

It's lazy to just say "well the team is bad"

Gave this same take last week and was told I was just looking for attention lol be careful. 

In reality, I think Jags fans know he stinks right now, but there’s a psychological connection to and reliance on Lawrence needing to be good. He’s the guy they “earned” for having to sit through terrible season after terrible season. To jags fans, getting him in the draft last year validates their suffering as Jags fans the last decade in a way, so he has to be good. So they can’t really even entertain the notion that he might not be. Not this early. It’s everyone else.

This isn’t even me coming at Jags fans, i’m sure this happens with every fan base who experiences a terrible stretch and gets a #1 guy they deem “the savior” of the franchise. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Apparition said:

Yep, been a complaint all year long. Some of the worst concepts are being ran, and apparently part of it is just that receivers still don't know the playbook so they're running the wrong routes so often. 

Serious question:

What, other than his "raw talent" (that plenty of QBs have had to varying degrees) and the rare "pop" play (that many a QB in the NFL has made one of while still not being very good) has Trevor Lawrence actually done to not be considered a bust (at this point)? 

I feel like the only reason he's being defended as much as he is rests almost solely on the idea that he was "supposed to be one of the best ever QB prospects". 

He hasn't elevated the roster, he hasn't made big plays outside of the rare occasion, he hasn't willed the team to wins, he's been objectively worse than his peers and even the guy he replaced. 

I guess my more direct question is: If Trevor Lawrence didn't receive the immense hype he got over the last 3 years, would anyone be defending his play as much as they do? 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

What, other than his "raw talent" (that plenty of QBs have had to varying degrees) and the rare "pop" play (that many a QB in the NFL has made one of while still not being very good) has Trevor Lawrence actually done to not be considered a bust (at this point)? 

Played only 16 games on a bad team. The sample is just too small to make any sweeping declarations. 

I understand why people are skeptical about him moving forward based on this, or have some concerns however

• Like 2