Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

We all had big expectations for Viska. He has just been so disappointing. 

Could be one of the worst route runners I have seen. He runs the wrong routes. Drops, from a lack of focus.

If you get the ball in his hands, he is a tank to bring down. Like a bull in a China shop. We did a good job of that early on this past week. He then proceeded to follow that up with two drops. He has been a frustrating player. Allowing Keenan McCardell (WR coach in Viska’s rookie year) to leave was a massive mistake. 

Turn him into Cordarelle Patterson. Just use him as a HB/WR. I feel like he's the exact same dude lol

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I still think Lawrence is going to be a great QB

BUT, if he were to bust, I wonder if more and more draft evaluators will hold it against guys like Lawrence, Fields, and Tua who played for loaded programs. 

idk...Mac Jones is doing alright. I think it's more of a statement about the NFL organizations. Look at how quickly Mac Jones has found success. Give a guy a good environment and cast and you've done half the work already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

idk...Mac Jones is doing alright. I think it's more of a statement about the NFL organizations. Look at how quickly Mac Jones has found success. Give a guy a good environment and cast and you've done half the work already.

yep..

the guys who take bad roster and turn them into good offenses are extraordinarily rare

not saying you HAVE to build the cast first (because that makes it harder to get the elite QB), but you have exactly ONE offseason to fix the situation if you put someone in a Rosen/Darnold/Lawrence/ZWilson type of situation as a rookie

• Like 1

You look at the type of situations Burrow and Herbert were in last year even and it’s just insanely different. They both had OL issues, but the weapons set up for them right when they walked in were absolutely terrific.

Almost makes me think weapons are transitioning to being more important for a QB, or at least a young QB. It’s not like the Jaguars OL is full of world beaters (and it’s regressed the past few weeks especially), but man…

26 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Seeing the team environment Mac Jones is in with a established organization like the Pats vs what Lawrence, Fields and Wilson is dealing with us why there’s many on the “get rid of the draft” bandwagon. It’d never happen but I always thought it was an interesting discussion even before seeing this year’s rookie QB situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Way to early to say Lawrence is a bust...but you're also fooling yourself if you're acting like it isn't concerning how badly he's played. 

Ur fooling yourself to think if u had any qb lining up in our very dysfunctional offense doing any better. 

The only one I think could make it semi-work would be Brady but even then I don't think he can turn explosive diarrhea into a normal poop. 

The problems for the jags offense is lack of speed and lack of talent in skill positions. 

Look at the guys with the most snaps at wr and te Marvin Jones, shenault, Treadwell, O'Shaughnessy. 

Ok... so, not saying he's better (because he's not) but why is Davis Mills able to perform at a mediocre level with just as bad an offense in Houston?

Right now, I don't think it's really a question, Mills is playing better  - and their situations aren't really too far off from one another (dysfunctional organization, lack of weapons, etc).

So... what gives?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok... so, not saying he's better (because he's not) but why is Davis Mills able to perform at a mediocre level with just as bad an offense in Houston?

Right now, I don't think it's really a question, Mills is playing better  - and their situations aren't really too far off from one another (dysfunctional organization, lack of weapons, etc).

So... what gives?

Brandon Cooks is p good tbh. 

50 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

yep..

the guys who take bad roster and turn them into good offenses are extraordinarily rare

not saying you HAVE to build the cast first (because that makes it harder to get the elite QB), but you have exactly ONE offseason to fix the situation if you put someone in a Rosen/Darnold/Lawrence/ZWilson type of situation as a rookie

I'm just gonna say it.

Those guys don't even exist.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So... what gives?

One qb has a good OC and the other has a a crappy 1