the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

Just now, iknowcool said:

What did the video have to do with anything between the two sides going forward?

Really, it's not that he was finger banging a co-ed, throwing a 2 fingered reverse in public, or trying to cheat on his wife.

The serious answer is that he's supposed to be the leader of the team that's had a decade of garbage culture that he got paid millions to re-set/fix, and after they collapse in a game where his decision making was 'eh' he's out partying half-way across the country instead of showing the team that they have to put their collective heads down and get back to work. It sets a horrible example. If he really needs to get laid and Shelly doesn't care, hire a pro who would keep her mouth shut and do it in private like Bobby Kraft, but don't get caught in public acting like you don't give a crap after an 0-4 start.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

instead of getting a young and innovative OC and a new O-line coach to work with the underachieving front wall.

NFL assistants/coordinators usually have options and they all know Urban's history.
So I don't blame the A- list coordinators for taking a pass on joining his staff. Urban chose poorly, but part of his poor choices in asst. coaches was due to his poor choices in Life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

and after they collapse in a game where his decision making was 'eh' he's out partying half-way across the country instead of showing the team that they have to put their collective heads down and get back to work. 

Do teams usually get right back to work the day after a TNF game? 

I get what you're saying, but I don't know.  I agree Urban Meyer needs to do a better job of how he behaves in public and not get caught in situations like this.  But I don't think players are in the locker-room thinking, "that damn Urban Meyer!"  At least not because of this anyway.  But I could be wrong.  It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 2

Just now, iknowcool said:

Do teams usually get right back to work the day after a TNF game? 

I get what you're saying, but I don't know.  I agree Urban Meyer needs to do a better job of how he behaves in public and not get caught in situations like this.  But I don't think players are in the locker-room thinking, "that damn Urban Meyer!"  At least not because of this anyway.  But I could be wrong.  It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, in the grand scheme of things. 

Compare this to Bill Belichick, who has cut guys from the Superbowl roster for missing curfew.

Anyone in Jaguar-land going to take an Urban Meyer imposed 'be back by midnight' rule seriously?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Compare this to Bill Belichick, who has cut guys from the Superbowl roster for missing curfew.

Anyone in Jaguar-land going to take an Urban Meyer imposed 'be back by midnight' rule seriously?

So if Belichick did this exact same thing, you think players would stop listening to him?

If people aren't listening to Meyer, then it likely has a lot more to do than just this one incident. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is there a curfew on the night after a Thursday night game?

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So if Belichick did this exact same thing, you think players would stop listening to him?

If people aren't listening to Meyer, then it likely has a lot more to do than just this one incident. 

No, I'm saying that at some point every coach talks about it's important to not get in trouble or be a distraction, and no one takes a hypocrite seriously.

And I agree with you that Meyer's history doesn't help since he's been this way forever. That's why he shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

• Like 2

Urban-Meyer-Video.jpg

The first time in the history of planet earth a girl was drawn to a celebrity/millionaire at a bar trying get some action and or $$$$$.  Meyer's $12 mil contract per year not to mention all the millions he has already earned, yeah go to a bar in Ohio with your ******* name on it, Urban Meyer’s Pint House.  Then think this will not happen after a few drinks.

Urban Meyer is probably gone after this one, how can he preach integrity, leadership and hard work with this out there?

Not to mention he is more on the authoritarian style of coaching and this is the NFL and rarely does that work anymore, maybe in college it does but even then it is getting less and less successful with the modern day football player.   

This whole situation is very disappointing.  There's not much more to say than that.  If I'm Shahad Khan, I'd have to fire Urban.  The buck has to stop somewhere, and there are things in life that are more important than winning.  Character.  Decency.  Loyalty.  If you can't conduct yourself with these qualities in your marriage, then why should we expect him to do so in business? 

Firing Urban would set the team back, but it's the right thing to do. 

This has really become a horrible world we are living in.  It's just very sad.  :(

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This whole situation is very disappointing.  There's not much more to say than that.  If I'm Shahad Khan, I'd have to fire Urban.  The buck has to stop somewhere, and there are things in life that are more important than winning.  Character.  Decency.  Loyalty.  If you can't conduct yourself with these qualities in your marriage, then why should we expect him to do so in business? 

Firing Urban would set the team back, but it's the right thing to do. 

This has really become a horrible world we are living in.  It's just very sad.  :(

How can it get set back any farther?

2 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

How can it get set back any farther?

It sets back the plan for improvement, which is something we have been doing for the first four weeks of the season.  Losing your head coach four weeks into the season pretty much causes us to write off the rest of the year until we can find a replacement.  We could elevate Darrell Bevel, but we aren't going anywhere with him.  He's not even much of a coordinator, let alone a head coach.

• Like 1