Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

If Quess plays this well for an entire season do you consider moving Radunz to OG? 

We are super top heavy with our cap right now. Roger Saffold plays a non-premium position, has one year left on his contract, and would save us 10.5 mil against the cap by cutting him.

Radunz at LG? Radunz had 1897 snaps at LT in college. 3 snaps at C in college. 0 snaps at any other position. Maybe he's struggling switching to the right side and would benefit from moving back to the left? It's not the first time that's happened to someone. Even Sewell looked bad at RT.

I think he has the ideal build to play C, but that doesn't seem like an option and he's never really played it.

Cut Saffold, resign Jones to a 1-2 year deal for continuity, slap Radunz at LG, and draft Jones replacement in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Nate Davis has kinda looked like *** this year too but that's a different post.

I think if anything, you consider Quess at OG.  Of course, he's a short term fix being like 30.  But Radunz is a long, lean player.  He's built like a tackle and IMO this whole playing him at guard thing is a great way to slow his development even more.

Quess has been a flex player for years, so I think he probably has less of a curve to get used to than Radunz.  Ideally, if you're looking to cut Saffold to save money, you plug Quess at LG, Radunz takes over at RT, restructure Lewan at LT, and spend an early pick next year on a C, which we need anyway.  Re-sign Sambrailo as you OT backup and Brewer as your interior backup and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Radunz taking over as a solid starting RT is the ideal scenario, but he's got to show that ability before he can unseat a guy who's playing well. I wouldn't bench a guy who's playing well for potential. With all of his snaps coming at LT in college I just wonder how difficult it is for him to adjust to the right.

We may also just be doing a good job hiding Quess (like we did with Kelly at first) and it's just been too short of a sample size to discover.

Game could be closer than we like. With an offense missing it's top 2 targets. 
It's easier to stop the run early with a decent defense, like the Jets have.

Our offense and OC will need to be unpredictable.  
I can see the Jets offense "getting right" against us. Shorter passes, screens and such to move the ball.

52 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Game could be closer than we like. With an offense missing it's top 2 targets. 
It's easier to stop the run early with a decent defense, like the Jets have.

Our offense and OC will need to be unpredictable.  
I can see the Jets offense "getting right" against us. Shorter passes, screens and such to move the ball.

I definitely think it falls into trap game territory coming between two division games. Especially with the bloodbath the Colts game was for both teams. Also we love to play 2 deep soft coverage and give rookie QB’s loads of easy completions to raise their confidence. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The Jets are very, very bad. The Jaguars are very, very bad. We should win both games by double-digits, with or without AJ and Julio. We probably won’t, but we should.

Can I just get one very for the Jaguars? We have been competitive the last 3 weeks against the Broncos, Cards and Bengals at least.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Also we love to play 2 deep soft coverage and give rookie QB’s loads of easy completions to raise their confidence. 

this is the thing that drives me up the wall. if we don't come out sending the house at zach wilson it's gonna be a painful game to watch.

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Can I just get one very for the Jaguars? We have been competitive the last 3 weeks against the Broncos, Cards and Bengals at least.

Yeah, and Lawrence looked like a better player than he has against the Bengals.  Wilson and Lawrence are good prospects, they're just rookies, so they're figuring the game out.  They're always in danger of turning it around.

Just that makes them potentially dangerous.

Just now, Daniel said:

Yeah, and Lawrence looked like a better player than he has against the Bengals.  Wilson and Lawrence are good prospects, they're just rookies, so they're figuring the game out.  They're always in danger of turning it around.

Just that makes them potentially dangerous.

First time this season I didn’t see him make a turnover worthy throw. He played well.

I love that he is using his legs more.

Next week won’t be easy against you guys but if Julio and AJ are out, I can see it being somewhat close. Our run defense has been solid, divisional game at home and etc.

Best of luck against the Jets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I need the 19-game losing streak to be snapped before I can drop one of the verys. Which could very well be next week.

• Like 1