1. 1. GOTW

• (5-0) #4 Penn State at (5-0) #3 Iowa
    • (4-1) #14 Notre Dame at (3-1) Virginia Tech 7:30 EST ACCN
    • (4-1) #13 Arkansas at (3-1) #17 Ole Miss, Noon EST ESPN
    • (5-0) #6 Oklahoma at (4-1) #21 Texas, Noon EST ABC
    • (5-0) #2 Georgia at (4-1) #18 Auburn, 3:30 PM EST CBS
    • Other

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Am I the only one that believes the Iowa/Penn State game is going to be a snoozefest?

It's not going to be a high scoring affair. It's going to be a defensive struggle. Boring if you aren't a fan of either team, intense if you are a fan of one of them. 

I feel Penn State has a lot more to lose here. Iowa doesn't have that tough of a schedule and will win a shot at the B1G Ten championship to potentially avenge a loss to Penn. 

Whereas Penn State, a loss here means they need to be perfect vs OSU, UscuM, and Mich St just to get a revenge game at the end of the season. Not an easy task. 

As a Buckeye fan, I'm going for Penn State so we can get max value if we beat them. Iowa can wait until the end of the season. 

MC

my doomer take this week is that auburn is going to get blown off the map. i've never seen a game like last year where auburn had 0 qb hurries and uga had 28. auburn also ran for 39 yards compared to 202 for uga and after giving up 219 to georgia state in one half that's a little concerning. auburn's lines are probably both better than last year but uga's are probably both more better.

but as insurance just in case i'm totally wrong and odd year auburn reemerges and shocks the world i took uga -14.5

8 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

It's not going to be a high scoring affair. It's going to be a defensive struggle. Boring if you aren't a fan of either team, intense if you are a fan of one of them. 

I feel Penn State has a lot more to lose here. Iowa doesn't have that tough of a schedule and will win a shot at the B1G Ten championship to potentially avenge a loss to Penn. 

Whereas Penn State, a loss here means they need to be perfect vs OSU, UscuM, and Mich St just to get a revenge game at the end of the season. Not an easy task. 

As a Buckeye fan, I'm going for Penn State so we can get max value if we beat them. Iowa can wait until the end of the season. 

MC

It's gonna be something like 10-3 for most of the game before Iowa/Penn State puts them away with another TD to finish 17-3 or something like that.

12 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

MC

Iowa has a lot to lose in that a single loss eliminates them from playoff consideration and then we have to wait another 6-7 years before we're a potential threat again.