Jadeveon Clowney… have we found Robin?

brownie man

Accidentally posted this in the general forum 

but Clowney has looked awesome. My heart dropped big time when he looked like he was hurt. 

the pressure he causes and his ability to play the run is a great fit with Myles. He’s not an edge bender but he can contain and push the pocket. 

Ill put it this way. He’s looked better through 4 games than OBJ has looked for 2 seasons. 

Resigning is becoming more likely with each game  

He has shown the past few years that he is interested in maximizing his salary more than much else. For 2021, sure, he is playing well and so far has stayed healthy. As far as more than playing season to season though, I’m not sure. He’s not going to give anybody a discount and he is going to sign one year deals until somebody shovels money at him beyond what I think most general managers will do, considering some of his history. 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d definitely look to resign him as of now, but I’m guessing he’ll want more than I would want to give, especially in terms of years.

Excellent post if he wants money north of Chubb let him walk then take the 3rd rounder.

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We just need a super athletic MIKE linebacker and this team is set for 3-4 years.

That is if we resign him. Depending on how much money he wants and given his injury history, I could see Berry being hesitant to sign him to any big contract.

But yes, Clowney has been great for us. Dominant vs. the run and applies plenty of pressure even though he's not always getting the sack. Pretty much what he's done his whole career.