Packers sign LB Jaylon Smith; Released

RaidersAreOne

Not a real surprise, and Cowboy fans were like laughing and happy because they were so glad to get rid of the guy because they thought he was horrible and now he is signed instantly the next day by another team because he is so bad?  Nah Packers got a solid player and as a 3/4 ILB he could be very good for them.  

Good fit. Jaylon’s season where he looked special was with Marinelli, whose principles always remained rooted in the Tampa 2. Barry is a disciple of that same coaching tree and has worked w/ Rod. Seems Barry is pretty adaptable and can’t be defined by 1 scheme, but that background is worth something. 

Never gonna have good lateral agility after the knee, but straight line speed and power is there. For him to be effective he’s gotta know what he’s doing, quick. Covered up that deficiency in 2018 via prep and scheme I’d imagine. Not sure what has failed him since but maybe Barry can steer him right.

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Not a real surprise, and Cowboy fans were like laughing and happy because they were so glad to get rid of the guy because they thought he was horrible and now he is signed instantly the next day by another team because he is so bad?  Nah Packers got a solid player and as a 3/4 ILB he could be very good for them.  

😂

Hope the Packers enjoy

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You are really digging in with this ridiculous stance. But, Mr. Kiper, you should have reached into your almanac of knowledge and realized the Packers head coach also coached Jaylon in college.

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are really digging in with this ridiculous stance. But, Mr. Kiper, you should have reached into your almanac of knowledge and realized the Packers head coach also coached Jaylon in college.

What the hell are you talking about?  Matt LaFluer was the freaking QB coach on Notre Dame, who cares, sorry but that is not coaching Jaylon Smith unless Jaylon secretively was the backup QB on that 2014 Notre Dame team the only year LaFluer coached there at the school.  Whatever dude, in one forum you rip Jaylon Smith as if he is the worst linebacker in the league, then in another forum you have a list of positives about him?

No all that concerned about your opinion on him, and I seriously doubt he is just terrible for the Packers but if he is great I would be fine with that since I am not a big fan of that organization at all.  Sure maybe he was overpaid at LB but again join the freaking club of teams with overpaid LBs, at least he produced and played outside of this year and clearly he did not take to the scheme change well.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Of course he got signed. The Cowboys are paying most of his 2021 salary. I don’t think many Cowboys fans would have a problem with him if he didn’t have such a huge contract.

• Like 3