Week 6: Packers @ Da Bears: Packers win 24-14! Move to 5-1 and alone on top of the NFC North!

FAH1223

14 minutes ago, MuFF said:

LaFleur just said, "he's doing alright. We'll know more on Wednesday."

Thanks, Muff.  That's encouraging news.  He played pretty well yesterday, prior to the injury.  

I'd love to see him able to stack some healthy, played games together.  He's not perfect, but the awful-to-great continuum is large; I suspect we'd find he's variably anti-awful relative to perhaps seeing Yiadom playing full-time for weeks?  

• Like 1

Tom Pelissero -   Bears QB Justin Fields underwent tests today on the left knee he hyperextended Sunday, and sources say he should be good to go. Matt Nagy praised the toughness of Fields, who suffered the injury in the second quarter but missed just two plays in a big win over the Raiders.

2 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

TBH our level of talent just doesn't stack up to yours. Don't see how we can win. However, I have noticed that your defense is soft and they will have to play better if you want to beat Brady.

We have like the sixth ranked defense but sure.

24 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

We have like the sixth ranked defense but sure.

GB defense through five games:

Total yards p/game - 322 - ranked 6th
Passing yards p/game - 220 - ranked 11th
Rushing yards p/game - 102 - ranked 11th
Points p/game - 24 - ranked 20th

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well, he'll be out a month.

I can't help but just laugh man.....guy finally gets a chance to "be the man" and prove everyone wrong with 23 out and he can't make it through one week without an injury. Not one freaking week....

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Really hope Elgton is back for this one

I mean he was a "game-time decision" this week. If he doesn't play after yet another week off, it's borderline a conspiracy at this point...

I would say he's 100% playing. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I can't help but just laugh man.....guy finally gets a chance to "be the man" and prove everyone wrong with 23 out and he can't make it through one week without an injury. Not one freaking week....

This was posted by PackerWire at 3:14 CT.  Not sure if the info's been updated to King being out a month. If so, PW hasnt updated their story.

The Green Bay Packers aren’t yet sure the severity of the shoulder injury that knocked cornerback Kevin King out of Sunday’s win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

Coach Matt LaFleur said the team is still evaluating the injury.

“He’s doing alright. We’re still evaluating that. I’ll have more information for you on Wednesday,” LaFleur said.

LaFleur confirmed the injury happened well before King made an awkward tackle on a leaping Tyler Boyd in the second half. He left after the play and didn’t return.

I can't say I'm impressed with the Bears so far as they got their butts kicked against good teams like the Rams and Browns.  Having said that, I got a feeling this game will be closer than we think.  We won't lose unless something happens to A Rodgers, but I think the margin of victory isn't going to be quite as high as it was against them last year.

4 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I can't say I'm impressed with the Bears so far as they got their butts kicked against good teams like the Rams and Browns.  Having said that, I got a feeling this game will be closer than we think.  We won't lose unless something happens to A Rodgers, but I think the margin of victory isn't going to be quite as high as it was against them last year.

it depends, it feels like either we're not stupid and we crush the bears, or the game gets ugly (like Cincy) and it's a toss-up at the end. Feels like this team will be riding a high and know they were sloppy as hell and pulled out a W not playing their best ball, and they're going to be up for Chicago. It's in CHI, so I'm not SUPER confident. My guess right now is 24-13