Week 6: Packers @ Da Bears: Packers win 24-14! Move to 5-1 and alone on top of the NFC North!

FAH1223

58 minutes ago, Leader said:

GB defense through five games:

Total yards p/game - 322 - ranked 6th
Passing yards p/game - 220 - ranked 11th
Rushing yards p/game - 102 - ranked 11th
Points p/game - 24 - ranked 20th

I know this is a dumb exercise, but if you remove week 1 (which was pretty clearly an anomaly that just got stupid and isn't reflective of current team):

Yards per game - 322 - ranked 6th

Pass ypg - 237 - ranked 14th

Rush ypg - 85 - ranked 6th

ppg - 21 - ranked 9th

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I know this is a dumb exercise, but if you remove week 1 (which was pretty clearly an anomaly that just got stupid and isn't reflective of current team):

ppg - 21 - ranked 9th

True. Taking the good with the bad I just went with the composite / overall as thats how they're listed.

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ppg - 21 - ranked 9th

so do other teams get to remove their anomaly as well?  if so, how do the GB rankings change?

Sam Holman -    In his previous stints as DC, Joe Barry has faced the Bears 6 times. In those games, he is 4-2. His defenses have gotten:

13 interceptions (!)
14 sacks (!)
8 FF (!)

and have allowed:

22.8 PPG
60.8 completion percentage.

Happy Bears week, Packers fans.

11 hours ago, craig said:

MLF said King had been playing without one arm even before he got taken out.  To me a shoulder injury like that probably isn't going to be a "couple of days" kind of thing.  I'd assume he'll be out.  

And how is this surprising .. it's a constant thing.  Play, hurt ... play, hurt ... play, hurt.  Guy can't stay on the field.  Unfortunately it happens to him a lot.  Secondary is getting thin, real thin.  Need an DL/LB pressure package to take the heat of the secondary for upcoming games.

4 hours ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

The stat that matters most: points, puntos.

I'd argue points per drive is the stat that matters the most, and we're fifth worst in the league at 2.70 points per drive. If one were to be generous and disregard the NO game from the statistic, we'd be at 2.13 which is around league average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

And how is this surprising .. it's a constant thing.  Play, hurt ... play, hurt ... play, hurt.  Guy can't stay on the field.  Unfortunately it happens to him a lot.  Secondary is getting thin, real thin.  Need an DL/LB pressure package to take the heat of the secondary for upcoming games.

He's already got the shoulders of a 70 year old you'd think.  Multiple surgeries dating back at least to this college days.  Hopefully it's not a long term issue, but I get the idea he will be on the shelf for a good long while.

3 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'd argue points per drive is the stat that matters the most, and we're fifth worst in the league at 2.70 points per drive. If one were to be generous and disregard the NO game from the statistic, we'd be at 2.13 which is around league average.

DVOA has us at 20th currently, which sounds about right to me. We've appear like a little above league average to me since week 1.

3 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

By most measure GB's D is middle of the road-ish. Which is about how they've looked - aside from an abysmal performance vs NO, the D has been tolerable. 

What impact will Mike Pettine have as an advisor to the Bears ? He knows a lot about most of the GB personnel from the inside and worked with all of the position coaches too. He sat in strategy meetings with MLF and other staff. That was certainly part of the draw for the bears to snag him.

So how does the Senior Defensive Assistant help the bears on Sunday ?

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/mike-pettine

Bears LB Jerry Attaochu suffered a torn pectoral in Chicago's Week 5 win against the Raiders.

A sub-package player on 40% of Chicago's defensive snaps this year, Attaochu had totaled two tackles and a quarterback hit through five games.
The team will likely increase Trevis Gipson's snaps in Attaochu's stead.