OBJ Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Should we move on?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we consciously uncouple from OBJ?

• Yes, he’s a bum who can eat my shorts.
    • Yes, he may be great, but it isn’t working out here.
    • No, 3 years is hardly enough time to figure this out. Patience is a virtue.
    • Absolutely not, my Baker -> OBJ -> Super Bowl tattoo will pay off shortly.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who’s been stopping you this whole time?

Was never a fan.  I liked Peppers, still think he’d be good in this defense, don’t like trading away first rounders either.

I don’t care about the numbers, just spread the ball around and start putting points on the board consistently.  That’s all he has to do imo.

Nobody has been stopping me, though I rant mostly internally. Was more a sarcastic comment. I find it interesting that many times when people play the blame game, myself included, they play the extremes card. In this case, there was some blame on both OBJ and Baker regarding his lack of production. Yes, Baker missed him on occasion when he has been open, and yes OBJ has not done much to warrant trust with the drops, injuries, and now off the field distraction. Kind of reminds me of the Josh Gordon debate. We saw what he could be and wanted him to work out, but it just wasn't going to work out. 

I would not have done the trade either, but like when we drafted Johnny, I tried to convince myself. I love the fans of other teams jumping on the Browns fans who hyped the trade. What are we supposed to do, crap on it from the outset? Even if we did not like the trade, I am not going to want it to turn out poorly just so I could be right.

Agree about the numbers. The identity of the offense is the ground game. Baker needs to pick up 3rd and medium distances and keep the defense honest. If he does that without turning the ball over, it's a winning combination. I was so confident last year on those third downs, and it has been a little shaky this year. Hopefully this clears his head and allows him to make good, quick decisions. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Empire Lies said:

Long Post to End All Long Post -- May Ye Derps Enjoy Thine Eternal Great-Amnesia-ing Know Nothing-ness 

The mind characters shall never return to these parts again and empire lies perpetually.

4be9e2d81baf63faf73f213032e3b6f3.gif

Andrew Berry and Stefanski's Missed Opportunity (Or Maybe Not):

OBJ has been a great teammate and been all in on the team since he's been in Cleveland contrary to perception regarding how he was in New York or past immaturities. Even after tearing an ACL on a play where he was severely underthrown against Cincy. To state otherwise, is a biased fueled feel-good illusions for those that want to perceive things a certain way.

To cut OBJ over his dad posting youtube videos prompted by OBJ or not is the most foolish, or b/c OBJ requested a trade is unbelievably short-sighted foolishness and a huge fumble by Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski. They should've traded him for absolutely anything other than cutting him which seems to be coming soon. Ridiculous wasted opportunity whether that be with New Orleans or whoever else. To get nothing in return is malpractice.

The Browns should pay him, sit him, and wait until the offseason to get something for his services/talents. Even if in the offseason that only nets a 3rd round pick it's worthwhile.

Stefanksi was unable to effectively repair relationships with Stefon Diggs when the offensive turmoil in Minnesota caused Diggs to de facto request a trade due to offensive frustrations. Kirk Cousins' issues then are similar to Baker's issues. Diggs had drops and had an aloof personality and things were leaked in the media. Stefanski has to learn from Diggs and OBJ and do his best to mend fences with talented guys before things devolve past the point of no return.  Diggs said after he left that he didn't feel that there would be a solution from those offering solutions. OBJ likely feels the same.

---------------------------

You Derps are Sickening:

You derps make me sick.

You don't accept the light of All22 Truth.

Ye only see the world through your emotional, tv angle, derpian perspectives.

Unashamed Charlatans of the highest order. Shame upon all thee.

Anyone that has watched the unwavering truth of all22 film projector film knows that Baker has not seen the field well and has missed not only OBJ but others countlessly for years. Those miss plays can result in a completion to other targets so it goes down as a positive in the boxscore to derpian applause.

Also, anyone taking in All22 light would know that there are plays to attribute blame to OBJ. but the vast majority of the time he's doing his job.

----------------------------

What the Blind Derps Miss:

What WR wants to come to Cleveland and play with Baker Mayfield? No matter the belief about Stefanski's offense, top WRs aren't going to be excited to play with Baker right or wrong and we have little evidence to believe Baker can thrive in the mental pressure environment of having a WR1 that the media and play pressure is going to attend to.

What many of you blind derps have missed is that the tape and film review of misses has been seen by coaches and players in their meetings to the effect that those players and coaches appropriately place blame on OBJ where it is due, but also have come away with the impression that Baker Mayfield is not that guy even if they hold onto hope that he can be in the future.

Any unbiased person watching the all22 over the years knows from Stefanski, to Kareem Hunt, to Jarvis, Assistant coaches, etc many of Baker's misses based on sideline reaction befuddle people on the team.

I have no doubt that teammate like and respect Baker, but anyone that works with him reviews the film, much like the coaches and GM, is unsure if he can be the guy.

Time will tell.

OBJ going to ball out at his next organization.

-----------------------------------

Missed in all of This Part 2 - We All Know Everyone Blames OBJ but when OBJ's gone those remaining have to make sure this type of situation doesn't happen again:

Baker's the franchise foundation here for the foreseeable future. He has to learn from this.

If you can't thrive mentally with the pressure of a big name, big personality, media focusing WR1 that QB is going to have a hard time attracting top talents.

Much of the best of what we believe about Baker (8 weeks last year) happened against the worst 4 of the Top 5 Worst teams last year in addition to 2 other top 12 worst teams/defenses.

Uhhh Baker can be the worst QB in the league performance wise and what OBJ did is still worth kicking him off the team.  We aren't going to stand a chance salvaging this season unless we crush the internal dissent and rally.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Uhhh Baker can be the worst QB in the league performance wise and what OBJ did is still worth kicking him off the team.  We aren't going to stand a chance salvaging this season unless we crush the internal dissent and rally.

What job can you call out coworkers/your employer on social media and refuse to field calls from your boss?

Expecting people to behave like adults and professionals is like, the minimum expectation in a work environment.  

Ignoring this nonsense and letting a bad situation fester is 100% a “same old Browns” move.  I’m glad they took decisive action.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NateDawg said:

If some of the nonsense from today that went public is any indication, YOU can be sure there has been at least a little bit of drama in the locker room about all of this.

Mayfield was on a good trajectory before Beckham came in and ruined everything. Make him inactive. Screw it. We don’t need the distraction. WE can pay him to stay away from the team and if people want to be pissed off so be it. 

@NudeTayne 👀 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@NudeTayne 👀 

Let's just say there's more to this story.  I can't speak on any of this right now, but stay tuned.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shoulda listened to me a year ago then tbh

I'm man enough to say I should have moved on from OBJ in the offseason.

@NateDawg...🤔

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Shoulda listened to me a year ago then tbh

There is no question that the Trojan horse was permitted inside the city far too long. You know what they say though, it’s hard to get things done with domineering management. Tied hands, etc.

jimmy-haslam-9.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There is no question that the Trojan horse was permitted inside the city far too long. You know what they say though, it’s hard to get things done with domineering management. Tied hands, etc.

jimmy-haslam-9.jpg

I actually feel like (please call...him) God Emperor Haslam has been refreshingly hands off. He's also a shrewd businessman. And his wife would never stray, especially with a known human-trafficker. She knows who butters her bread.

But things are about to change. Keep an eye out for what's coming down the pike. Let's just say a little bird told me. 

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1