GDT - Week 6 - It's BBQ Time...

Hunter2_1

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

what's more likely? getting stopped on 4th and 3 on your side of the field and cowboys getting 20 yards and scoring... or trying to pin them and get the ball back and need 20-30 yards yourself? 

"you have to have faith in mac" doesn't matter when the refs blew a call on the previous play. it's not always about mac himself.

Getting 3 yards was a lot more likely than holding Dallas out of FG range from why I saw throughout the game.

10 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

So instead of losing 20 we lose by 6, makes all difference I suppose...

Not that they need to go full madden every game but that was a key 4th down. Or do you disagree?

here's the deference, we are in it late most of the time. That doesnt happen if we play ultra aggressive with an inexperienced team. 

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

here's the deference, we are in it late most of the time. That doesnt happen if we play ultra aggressive with an inexperienced team. 

My gripe is mostly with the last 4th down call and the 50 yard kick in the middle of the rain, I not saying that they need to go for it every time a 4th down presents itself. I don't have clairvoyance but it also doesn't take a genius to know that handing the ball back to the top 4 offense things wont end well.

Edited by The Third Rider

6 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

There’s nothing ultra aggressive about lining up to try and get the D to jump on a 4th and 3 in OT. Worst comes to the worst you burn a TO.

Even if you go for it and don’t get it you’ve not lost anything, because the gassed and injured D was simply never going to hold Dallas out of FG range.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

There’s nothing ultra aggressive about lining up to try and get the D to jump on a 4th and 3 in OT. Worst comes to the worst you burn a TO.

Even if you go for it and don’t get it you’ve not lost anything, because the gassed and injured D was simply never going to hold Dallas out of FG range.

You also give them a chance to beat themselves, which they almost did. 

We can go in circles forever, but at the end of the day we are looking at this as Monday QBs. You miss the 4th down, its over right there. You attempt the punt, SO much more can happen. With a team this inexperienced (we saw them burn two timeouts because Harry didn't go into motion and because Mac didn't read the play right) you give yourself as many chances to make something happen as possible. If that doesnt satisfy, oh well. 

• Like 3

It's frustrating to lose a game but here is some perspective when comparing the Patriots to the Cowboys: Since 2001 the Patriots have drafted 6 players in the top 20 of the draft ( Seymore {6} 2001, Ty Warren {13} 2005, Mayo {10} 2008, Nate Solder {17} 2011, Mac Jones {15} 2021) The Cowboys have 6 players they drafted in the top 20 on their current roster (Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Ezekiel Elliot, Leighton Vander Esch, CeeDee Lamb, Micah Parsons) They also have Amari Cooper a 4th over all pick. So when people complain about lack of weapons that is the price for 20 years of success.  The Cowboys price for their success in the 90s was 9 winning seasons in the 25 years since winning their last Super Bowl. The Cowboys have made 10 playoff appearances in that time frame the Patriots have been to 10 Super Bowls. 

Rebuilding takes time and I don't think the Patriots are 25 years away.

• Like 6

There’s no defending Belichick’s decisions to kneel before the half and punting in OT to that offense. Inexcusable.

Were not the favorites in these games anymore, you have to adjust.

This is just not a good football team, and the off season signings (aside from Henry and Judon) look like whiffs early.

We need to rehaul our secondary, OL, and Inside LB groups this off season.

On a positive note, we’ve found the most important piece in Mac Jones. Kid is legit and I hope the people who wrote him off immediately vs Fields are eating some crow 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly it's hard to take any of you guys pounding the table that BB shouldve gone for it on 4th down seriously when whenever a 4th down comes up, even a 4th and not short earlier this game, most of the same people say go for it. If you guys made these calls the Patriots would lose by 20 every week lol

Because a decent amount of the time, especially with that offense on the other side of the field, you should be going for it lol. Offense has an extreme advantage in today’s NFL